[Bitpim-devel] Sanyo phonebook mode
Roger Binns
2004-03-31 21:44:22 UTC
Stephen,

Are you sure the Sanyo phonebook mode code is correct?

http://bitpim.sf.net/pyxr/c/projects/bitpim/com_sanyo.py.html#0067

I seriously doubt that AT$LGDMGO would work on a non-LG phone?
Or maybe it is always in the mode so most of that function
doesn't get called.

Roger
Stephen Wood
2004-04-01 02:15:07 UTC
Roger:

I am sure that sending AT$LGDMGO to a Sanyo phone doesn't do anything.
I was also sure of that when I started adding Sanyo support to BitPim.

When I came to this project, I had a perl script that could read
information out of the phone. But in between runs of the script, I had
to power cycle my phone or it wouldn't work. When I started with
BitPim, I just copied the mode changing code from the LG4400. I didn't
really understand it, but it had the magic feature that I didn't have to
reboot my phone in between BitPim runs. A big plus when debugging!
Since it worked, I left it alone and didn't look back. Cleaning that up
before 0.7 would be a good idea.

What is the difference between AT$LGDMGO and AT$QCDMG on the LG phones?

Stephen
Roger Binns
2004-04-01 02:25:10 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Since it worked, I left it alone and didn't look back. Cleaning that up
before 0.7 would be a good idea.
I don't personally care, as long as it works. I was just answering someone's
question on bitpim-user (the usual complaints about phone baud rates
and how slowly the read/write from flash) and pointed them at the code
and noticed the lgdmgo function and a call to it!
Post by Stephen Wood
What is the difference between AT$LGDMGO and AT$QCDMG on the LG phones?
Nothing detectable on the phones I have. I suspect that LGDMGO
may also work on LG phones that are not Qualcomm based, or that
predated Brew and filesystem access.