[Bitpim-devel] Audiovox 8900
Dave Pope
2004-08-23 20:58:47 UTC
I read that you guys have had problems with the Audiovox 8900, and I didn't see this info in the last couple weeks worth of archives, so here goes. I was just wondering what firmware version the phone you guys tested with was running. I was thinking if more testing would help(on maybe a newer firmware), I would grab one off of Ebay for you guys to have. If you guys don't think there's anything that can be done, I'm probly gonna have to junk mine then. I don't like not having a backup of my phonebook. You guys have any suggestions about Verizon camera handsets? I'm getting the feeling that you guys like the LG models...

Thanks,
Dave Pope
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm
Roger Binns
2004-08-23 21:35:09 UTC
Post by Dave Pope
here goes. I was just wondering what firmware version the phone you
guys tested with was running.
Several different ones (every time they replace the phone it comes with
newer firmware).
Post by Dave Pope
I would grab one off of Ebay for you
guys to have.
I have two, including one I can trash. The problem is that you have
to get field values exactly correct. If BitPim provides zero when the
phone expects 1, then it locks up and won't reboot. This fields are
trivial things like number of members of a group. To be honest I
couldn't even figure how I could write code that ran on a phone
that could lock it up in that way.
Post by Dave Pope
You guys have any suggestions about
Verizon camera handsets? I'm getting the feeling that you guys like
the LG models...
The LG phones are the least worst that I have played with. All the
Audiovox ones stump me as to why people tolerate them. They incessantly
play stupid tunes, are seriously limited (eg 16 character names, a
pathetic calendar system, few phonebook groups, tacky looking user
interface).