[BitPim-devel] libusb 1.0 on linux and MacOS ?
Joe Pham
2010-03-11 03:39:22 UTC
We're getting ready to add BitPim support to libusb 1.0 and I'd like to get feedback from Linux and Mac users and determine if their systems still have libusb 0.1 installed by default (so we would need to have support to both versions.)

Thanks,

Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/c?cp=IGspJ4j-esTg1l7C4rGuXwAAJz7WnjM0Y4XQHrk4-YAY8siEAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYQAAAAAA=
Nathan Hjelm
2010-03-11 06:36:30 UTC
Some notes on libusb-1.0 support for Mac:
- If users/developers want to run or build Bitpim from source they will need to install libusb-1.0 into /opt/local. This is the default location if for installation in macports.
- Those using an app will not need to install libusb-1.0 as it is already contained inside the app.

BTW, I updated Bitpim's Linux distro files (debian, redhat, etc) to require libusb 1.0.6.

-Nathan
Sean Patrick Burke
2010-03-11 14:29:24 UTC
Just to add to that - libusb 0.1 support on the mac has been dead for some time. As soon as the code supports libusb 1.0, I'll check the mac build scripts to ensure compliance.

Sean Patrick Burke
Full time law student, part time developer
http://www.bitpim.org
Nathan Hjelm

Sean Patrick Burke

Sean Patrick Burke
2010-03-12 00:12:25 UTC
Nathan -
The build crashes and dies on the py2app sanity check. This isn't
the first time I have had a problem with this portion of the build
script, but for posterity I'll describe the issue.
I have two partitions on my drive: a leopard partition and a snow
leopard partition. The former has all of the proper dependencies for
a bitpim build, including py2app 0.4.3. The latter is my day to day
partition and has py2app 0.4.2 on it. For some reason, makedist is
detecting the snow leopard copy of py2app before the framework copy.

Are you building with a macports copy of python, or a stock copy?

Nathan Hjelm

Derrick Hudson
2010-03-16 16:39:12 UTC
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 03:39:22AM +0000, Joe Pham wrote:
| We're getting ready to add BitPim support to libusb 1.0 and I'd like
| to get feedback from Linux and Mac users and determine if their
| systems still have libusb 0.1 installed by default (so we would need
| to have support to both versions.)

libusb 1.0 is readily available (in the package repository) for Ubuntu
9.10 and Debian "testing".

-Derrick
--
Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/ jabber: ***@dman13.dyndns.org
h***@hotmail.com
2010-03-16 16:52:48 UTC
David Grossberg
2010-03-16 18:51:18 UTC
Would an admin please remove the spambot from this list?
Hey ,friend I find a site to sell electronic products with very good
price. Laptop ,iPhone even Motorcycle are very popular .their products are
original quality with very low price as wholesale business supplier.They
also can do retail business for end user now. maybe it is fit for your
business . if you like you can contact them : [spam contacts removed<http://hotmail.com>
]
2010-03-16 19:05:04 UTC