[BitPim-devel] com_lglx5450.py failed to compile
Joe Pham
2005-11-19 00:24:52 UTC
Error text attached.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "phone_features.py", line 93, in ?
html_results(generate_phone_features())
File "phone_features.py", line 47, in generate_phone_features
module=__import__(pm[model])
File "c:\Documents and Settings\dad\My Documents\cell_apps\bitpim\com_lglx5450.py", line 31, in ?
import com_lgvx4400
File "c:\Documents and Settings\dad\My Documents\cell_apps\bitpim\com_lgvx4400.py", line 25, in ?
import p_brew
File "c:\Documents and Settings\dad\My Documents\cell_apps\bitpim\p_brew.py", line 11, in ?
import com_brew
File "c:\Documents and Settings\dad\My Documents\cell_apps\bitpim\com_brew.py", line 746, in ?
class RealBrewProtocol2:
File "c:\Documents and Settings\dad\My Documents\cell_apps\bitpim\com_brew.py", line 790, in RealBrewProtocol2
def openfile(self, name, mode, flags=p_brew.new_fileopen_flag_existing):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'new_fileopen_flag_existing'

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Simon C
2005-11-19 00:52:13 UTC
Joe,

When I run generate_features from the command line
(not from the help generation script) it works OK on
my system.
Any thoughts as to why it failed? It is not obvious to
me how the error is related to the new phone class,
unless somehow the protocol generated file is
incorrect, p_brew does have the attribute that it is
complaining is missing.

Simon
Post by Joe Pham
Error text attached.
[...]
Get Certified Today
Register for a JBoss Training Course. Free
Certification Exam
for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005. For
2005-11-19 00:59:43 UTC
Try the -O switch with the command line. No, I haven't looked at it and have no idea.

Simon C
2005-11-19 05:45:42 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Try the -O switch with the command line. No, I haven't looked at it and
have no idea.
I check in a change that seems to fix this. I have no idea why it worked.
All I did was change one character in the description of the phone in
guiwidgets to lower case. I'm curious if anyone knows why. Turning off the
optimization in python also fixes the problem.

Simon