[BitPim-devel] LG AX8600 Alltel support patch
David Ritter
2007-07-17 16:34:30 UTC
I have been using these files for my own purposes for a month or so, and
they seem to work without any major issues.
The Alltel 8600 is significantly different from the Verizon 8600 in a number
of ways, filesystem and db files.
The builtin ringtones are not accessible from the file system, and that
causes problems. I think my support files have mostly worked around the
worst of this. The contact groups file on the ax8600 has a ringtone entry,
which I do not handle. When contact data is written to the phone, the group
ringtone will be lost. The contacts will maintain their groups, the ringtone
will be default.
My support does not include any SMS or T9 db. I do not use SMS, and
therefore would not be able to test or debug.
Phonebook, Calendar, Wallpaper, and Ringtones reading and writing are
working, but could use more testing. I'm not going to be able to test this
any further, so feel free to change whatever needs changing.
I do not have a USB cable, so that it completely untested. I only used
Bluetooth to access my phone. I did not work on detection of the phone, I
have no idea how Bitpim will react to the ax8600 during detection.
There are other users of these phones that could benefit from this support,
I hope this helps
Dave
c***@charter.net

Dave
Joe Pham
2007-07-17 23:31:23 UTC
Thanks for the patch. Can you summarize what works, what doesn't
work, and any other notes that go along with this.

Save hundreds of dollars a year with NetZero Internet access.
Plans start as low as $9.95 a month. Visit NetZero today!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?u=http://ads.addynamix.com/click/2-2130420-238
David Ritter

2007-07-20 04:57:17 UTC
Let me rephrase: can you write the help section for this phone model
that goes along with your patch?

David Ritter
2007-07-20 15:24:34 UTC
Ok,
I'll send the attached htd file, as I have no idea how to get the help
files rebuilt.

Dave
2007-07-21 03:24:16 UTC
Ok, I'll send the attached htd file,