[BitPim-devel] Audio conversion
Roger Binns
2005-01-14 08:47:35 UTC
I've redone parts of the audio conversion to be more generic. The
cropping bit now uses the rangedslider doohickey, and plays with
wav data to do the clipping. There is still a bit more to make
it more generic (ie can also be used by QCP). You'll want to wait
till I'm finished this time Joe :-)

In the end I used the file functions for trimming wav. If I hold
the wav file in memory (several megabytes) then playing duplicates
that memory when wx loads the file. By using just the file then
BitPim uses the lesser amount of memory. Also the trimwavefile
function isn't getting things quite right. Look at the printed
output and the clips often come back claiming to be negative
lengths!

And if anyone is really bored, see if you can figure out what
the nubs in ranged slider are not drawn transparently.

2005-01-14 08:52:29 UTC
And if anyone is really bored, see if you can figure out what
the nubs in ranged slider are not drawn transparently.
I'm floored. For about the first time ever, it is somethat that
works fine on Linux and is broken on Windows!

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-14 17:35:03 UTC
You'll want to wait till I'm finished this time Joe :-)
I checked it out and it seemd to work well, but I'll wait :-)
Also the trimwavefile function isn't getting things quite right.
It should be working better now.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!