[BitPim-devel] BitPim 0.8.04 Build
Joe Pham
2005-12-12 22:57:25 UTC
Please commit your changes for 0.8.04 load for tonight build, pending Roger's availability.

Thanks,

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Simon C
2005-12-13 02:05:52 UTC
I did want to get a fix in for a bug in the 5200 phonebook. It appears that
if you have an entry with one number and that number is of type none or
pager or anything else not supported by the phone that you get an exception
error. Only verified on a 5200, but the source of the error makes me think
it will happen on the 7000, 8000, 8100 and 9800 as well.
I will not get to this until late tonight.

Simon
2005-12-13 03:49:03 UTC
Post by Simon C
I will not get to this until late tonight.
That turns out to be convenient as I don't really have the
time to do the build this evening :-)

2005-12-13 03:49:08 UTC
but the source of the error makes me think it will happen on the
7000, 8000, 8100 and 9800 as well.
The error also occurs on the 9800 as well, though BitPim would ignore, log the failed entry, and go on. Do what you can, but there'd always be a next build.

Stephen Wood
2005-12-13 04:40:01 UTC
I have what I want for 8.04 checked in.

Stephen
Simon C
2005-12-13 06:12:21 UTC
Fix checked in and ready for build.

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-12-13 22:09:05 UTC
Post by Simon C
Fix checked in and ready for build.
You might also want to log the failed entry.

Simon C
2005-12-13 22:36:08 UTC
Yes I did think about this, but there is no (easy)
access to the log functionality in the Profile class
like there is in the Phone. I've put it on my todo
list post build.

Simon
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Simon C
Fix checked in and ready for build.
You might also want to log the failed entry.
you grep through log files
for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search
engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the
web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
2005-12-14 06:57:52 UTC
Post by Simon C
Yes I did think about this, but there is no (easy)
access to the log functionality in the Profile class
like there is in the Phone.
That was intentional. The Phone instance runs in the
worker thread and cannot have user interactivity.

The Profile instance runs in the UI thread. However
the various methods are likely to cause a lot of the
same messages on each piece of data. For example imagine
that we whined about names being too long and that the
user had 300 out of 500 names being too long. It would
get overwhelming and annoying.

The idea is to accumulate all of these messages and any
required user interactivity till after the functions
have run. They can all be presented in one go before
the writing actually happens, prioritized with the most
important issues/messages first.

There is currently no explicit code to support this other
than having no log access. It is also why existing code
calls functions wherever possible on the helper so that
the helper could be upgraded to do the whining and hence
do it for all Profiles.

2005-12-14 07:07:17 UTC
Now available at

http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233

Roger
Dustin
2005-12-14 05:12:18 UTC
Not sure if this build has been built yet, but could p_brew be imported in the com_lgvx4500 file, that'd be good. It should be there, it breaks the Phone Info for sure, not sure if it breaks anything else, havn't really noticed. But if that could be added for either this build or next, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Joe Pham <***@netzero.com> wrote: >Fix checked in and ready for build.

You might also want to log the failed entry.

Dustin Heimerl

AIM: hypercooljake
MSN: ***@undeadarmy.com
Cell Phone: (920)-915-7271
Email: ***@undeadarmy.com or ***@sbcglobal.net
http://www.uberprofile.info
Roger Binns
2005-12-14 06:06:19 UTC
Post by Dustin
Not sure if this build has been built yet,
It has. I am busy uploading.

Roger
Simon C
2005-12-14 07:25:01 UTC
The idea is to accumulate all of these messages and any
required user interactivity till after the functions
have run. They can all be presented in one go before
the writing actually happens, prioritized with the most
important issues/messages first.
There is currently no explicit code to support this other
than having no log access. It is also why existing code
calls functions wherever possible on the helper so that
the helper could be upgraded to do the whining and hence
do it for all Profiles.
Understood, having to click OK 300 times for 300 errors would be a pain,
expecting users to look at a log is unrealistic.

A new class... Allows a list of messages to be created and displayed as one.
Thoughts?

class MultiMessageBox:

def __init__(self, title):

def AddMessage(self, msg):
"""
Add a message to the list of messages to be displayed
Each message appears on it's own line
"""

Def ShowMessage(self, buttons, dont_show_again, max_rows,
max_columns):
"""
Displays the messages in a list in a dialog
buttons: bit mask to choose buttons to be displayed, BT_OK,
BT_CANCEL
don't_show_again: show a checkbox "Don't show this message again"

max_rows: Max visible messages, if number of messages exceed
this a scroll bar will appear
max_columns: Max visible width in characters
returns: tuple of button pressed to exit dialog and "don't show
again" flag
"""
Roger Binns
2005-12-14 16:52:02 UTC
Post by Simon C
A new class... Allows a list of messages to be created and displayed as one.
Thoughts?
The messages should be prioritized, with the most important displayed first.
Post by Simon C
don't_show_again: show a checkbox "Don't show this message again"
That indicates the ui has failed. Messages that are noise should
be off the bottom due to being low priority. The granularity also
doesn't work. How does someone uncheck that after it was checked
in the past, or how do they have it on for one phone but not another.

2005-12-14 23:53:23 UTC
The load checked out OK, and the site files are committed.

Roger Binns
2005-12-15 01:12:20 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
The load checked out OK, and the site files are committed.
The new version announcement is now created from the changelog in
the versionhistory file and mailed by a Python script. With all
this new automation please check the announcement is ok for those
of you subscribed to the announce mailing list.\