[BitPim-devel] Trying to run BitPim unsucessfully..
Conrad Woo
2005-04-09 00:43:41 UTC
The first time I compiled and ran bp.py to just test if it worked or not, I
clicked on the wallpaper tab, and I immedietly got an exception. Everytime
I try to compile and run bp.py now, I get the same exception right off the
bat. How do I get rid of this exception as the program completely crashes
after this point?

The message was

An unexpected exception has occurred.

Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\bitpim\aggregatedisplay.py", line 137, in OnPaint

dc=wx.BufferedPaintDC(self, self._bufbmp, style=wx.BUFFER_VIRTUAL_AREA)

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'BUFFER_VIRTUAL_AREA'

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame ? in bp.py at line 79

profile = <function profile at 0x008DDA70>

__file__ = 'bp.py'

__name__ = '__main__'

__doc__ = 'Main entry point to Bitpim\n\nIt invokes BitPim in gui
or commandline mode as a

Frame run in C:\bitpim\gui.py at line 460

args = (['bp.py'],)

m = <gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_580d8c00_p_wxPyApp>

Frame MainLoop in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\_core.py at line 5262

self = <gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_580d8c00_p_wxPyApp>

Frame MainLoop in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\_core.py at line 4732

args = (<gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at
_580d8c00_p_wxPyApp>,)

kwargs = Keys []

{}

Frame <lambda> in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\_core.py at line 10673

event = <wx._core.PyEvent; proxy of C++ wxPyEvent instance at
_00a3f801_p_wxPyEvent>

Frame OnPopulateEverythingFromDisk in C:\bitpim\gui.py at line 1077

self = <gui.MainWindow; proxy of C++ wxFrame instance at
_d088b701_p_wxFrame>

results = Keys ['calendar', 'categories', 'memo', 'phonebook',
'ringtone-index', 'sms', 'todo', 'wallpaper-index']

{'phonebook': {}, 'sms': {}, 'todo': {}, 'calendar': {},
'memo': {}, 'wallpaper-

_ = None

Frame SafeYield in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\_core.py at line 5039

args = ()

kwargs = Keys ['onlyIfNeeded']

{'onlyIfNeeded': True}

Frame OnPaint in C:\bitpim\aggregatedisplay.py at line 137

sz = wx.Size(1132, 729)

self = <aggregatedisplay.Display; proxy of C++ wxScrolledWindow
instance at _f80c4401_p

event = <wx._core.PaintEvent; proxy of C++ wxPaintEvent instance
at _5ced1200_p_wxPaintE

Conrad Woo
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-09 01:33:48 UTC
What platform & OS are you running? Do you have all the correct components installed? What version of wxPython do you have?

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Conrad Woo
2005-04-09 16:14:24 UTC
I am running WindowsXP SP1. I installed all the components listed on BitPim
site except for the optional ones for BitFling. Running Python 2.3.5 and
wxPython 2.5.2.8

Adit Panchal
2005-04-09 16:26:03 UTC
Conrad:

You need wxPython 2.5.4.1-Unicode. That is the version currently being
used for the builds and I assume most developers are using this version
as their minimum. There is a newer version that was just released
yesterday, but I don't know when we would move to that.

For WinXP, you should download this for Python 2.3:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.5-win32-unicode
-2.5.4.1-py23.exe?download

Hope that helps.

Roger/Joe:

I just looked at the developer page and it says 2.5.2.8 as the minimum
for wxPython. That needs to be updated to 2.5.4.1.

Thanks,

Adit
wxPython 2.5.2.8
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-09 16:30:24 UTC
Running Python 2.3.5 and wxPython 2.5.2.8
You'd need wxPython 2.5.4 Unicode. Try that and see how much further you'd get.

Conrad Woo
2005-04-09 16:34:52 UTC
Thanks a lot! I thought it was just not meant to be for a minute ;)

d***@netzero.com
2005-04-09 16:38:00 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
That needs to be updated to 2.5.4.1.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll update the file. I think this release also has a Unicode version for the Mac so I can take out that note.

Roger Binns
2005-04-09 17:00:01 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by Adit Panchal
That needs to be updated to 2.5.4.1.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll update the file.
I beat you to it :-)

We'll update to 2.5.5.1 now as well since it fixes some bugs that would have
affected us anyway.