[BitPim-devel] Phone Dev Question
Dustin
2006-02-22 05:09:00 UTC
I just got a Samsung SCH-A950 phone. I had done some
coding of LG VX-4500 stuff for BitPim so I thought I'd
give a shot at getting the a950 to work. I havn't been
able to come up with anything. I can't send my phone
to a developer, but I would like to help get support
for this phone. Is there anything I can do to help you
out? Any files from the phone to send you or things to
try out? Let me know.

Dustin Heimerl

AIM: hypercooljake
MSN: ***@undeadarmy.com
Cell Phone: (920)-915-7271
Email: ***@undeadarmy.com or ***@sbcglobal.net
http://www.uberprofile.info
Joe Pham
2006-02-23 21:59:58 UTC
I had done some coding of LG VX-4500 stuff for BitPim so I thought
I'd give a shot at getting the a950 to work.
You can take a look at 'dev/samsungnotes.txt' and model your code after the A650 and A670. I suspect there're a lot similarities between the 3 phones.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Dustin
2006-02-23 22:17:54 UTC
I spent some time today going throuhg that
samsungnotes.txt file, I didn't realize it was there
until yesterday. I played around with some AT
commands. The AT#PMODE=1 doesn't work with this phone.
Which means unless they changed the command to
something else, it looks like getting phonebook
entries via the other AT commands won't work. A few
commands did work, like the ones to get the phone
model and battery and signal strength. I'll go through
and document what some codes do. Maybe write up a
script to try a bunch of different commands, see what
I can come up with.
Post by Dustin
I had done some coding of LG VX-4500 stuff for
BitPim so I thought
I'd give a shot at getting the a950 to work.
You can take a look at 'dev/samsungnotes.txt' and
model your code after the A650 and A670. I suspect
there're a lot similarities between the 3 phones.
groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media.
Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into
this new coding territory!