[BitPim-devel] The new media GUI
Joe Pham
2006-05-27 22:04:52 UTC
1. The default ringtoneorigins should have 'ringers' and 'sounds'.
2. Need to account for origins such as 'video', that can be read from the phone, but not sent to it (and therefore not in imageorigins)
3. The 'Paste' context menu item does not work.
4. Drag&Drop from the filelisting pane does not work. D&D to it does work.
5. 'Overwrite' context menu item does not work.
6. 'Replace' context menu item is missing.

Other than those, it lookes good.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Simon C
2006-05-28 01:23:49 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
1. The default ringtoneorigins should have 'ringers' and 'sounds'.
I'll add it.
Post by Joe Pham
2. Need to account for origins such as 'video', that can be
read from the phone, but not sent to it (and therefore not in
imageorigins)
You can add video to the 8100/9800 with the new view. Camera on the pm-325
is read only.
Some origins are read only, but this is a phone specific thing, not generic.
Most bitpim features work in the gui even when the phone does not have the
feature, I think we should treat this the same by documenting phone specific
limitations in the phone help.
Post by Joe Pham
3. The 'Paste' context menu item does not work.
I'll look at this, it should work.
Post by Joe Pham
4. Drag&Drop from the filelisting pane does not work. D&D to
it does work.
I never coded this feature on this view, it only works on the icon view.
I'll see how simple it is to implement, if it takes too long I'll leave it
for a future release, as I'm very time constrained right now.
Post by Joe Pham
5. 'Overwrite' context menu item does not work.
I'll fix this.
Post by Joe Pham
6. 'Replace' context menu item is missing.
I took this out, it seemed redundent, we can now add and delete from any
origin. Replace is an add and delete in reality, I think it is simpler to
have fewer controls.

I'll get these done and merged into the main trunk in the next couple of
days, it is working well enough now I think and there are no issues that
can't be dealt with later.

Simon
Joe Pham
2006-05-29 03:34:15 UTC
Post by Simon C
Post by Joe Pham
6. 'Replace' context menu item is missing.
I took this out, it seemed redundent,
It's not. It allows users to replace the contents of a specific media file with the contents of another one. It is equivalent to:
1. Delete media 'a'.
2. Add media 'b'.
3. Rename media 'b' to 'a'.

For some phones, this is the only way of updating media files.

Also, the wallpaper preview is not working in the phonebook pane.

Simon C
2006-05-29 05:30:47 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Simon C
Post by Joe Pham
6. 'Replace' context menu item is missing.
I took this out, it seemed redundent,
It's not. It allows users to replace the contents of a
specific media file with the contents of another one. It is
1. Delete media 'a'.
2. Add media 'b'.
3. Rename media 'b' to 'a'.
I thought overwrite did this? At least this is the behavior I checked in.

Simon
Joe Pham
2006-05-29 05:47:36 UTC
Post by Simon C
I thought overwrite did this?
That what Replace is supposed to do. Overwrite would bypass the conversion process and update the file directly.

BTW, are you planning any more update? If not, I'll ask Roger to do the build.

Simon C
2006-05-29 07:08:16 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Simon C
I thought overwrite did this?
That what Replace is supposed to do. Overwrite would bypass
the conversion process and update the file directly.
BTW, are you planning any more update? If not, I'll ask
Roger to do the build.
I've changed the name of the option so that the behavior goes with the old
name.
I've also fixed the preview.
No more updates planned.

Simon