[BitPim-devel] Samsung a707
Carl Henderson
2007-04-20 14:09:51 UTC
I'm working to add support for the Samsung a707. Any advice for a new
developer? Are there any tools or scripts that anyone uses to unlock the
communication channel of the phone such as a telnet program? Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carl
Larry Meadors
2007-04-20 14:28:22 UTC
Hey Carl, there are a few of us in the same boat (i.e., just getting
started with BP), so I've started to work on updating the wiki with
new info as it comes up:

http://www.bitpim.org/wiki/BitPim

A good starting point is:

http://www.bitpim.org/wiki/Developer_Information

If you already have your dev environment set up, here is info specific
to adding a phone:

http://www.bitpim.org/wiki/SupportYourPhone

It's sketchy at best, but if you ask for write access to the wiki,
you'll very likely get it (heck, I did, so the bar *must* be pretty
low). Once you have write access, you can add what you learn, which as
a fellow newbie will be what we're needing right now. :)

Larry