[Bitpim-devel] Media uploads to Sanyo phones
Stephen Wood
2004-06-18 05:16:50 UTC
I finally figured out how to put the newer Sanyo phones into "PC Sync
Mode" so that wallpaper and ringers can be uploaded to them. I was
stuck on this for a while, but the commands were staring me in the
face. So, now it will be possible to upload media to all the Sanyo
phones that BitPim supports. (I may not get the code into the next
development release, but certainly by the next afterwards.)

Roger, you were going to make a better way for the phone specific code
to transmit profile information about max images sizes to wallpaper.py.
Could you let me know if you have done that, or tell me how you were
planning to do it so I could code it.

Thanks, Stephen
Roger Binns
2004-06-18 06:07:43 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Roger, you were going to make a better way for the phone specific code
to transmit profile information about max images sizes to wallpaper.py.
Could you let me know if you have done that, or tell me how you were
planning to do it so I could code it.
I won't do it in time for this build.

The plan is to have a function in the profile that is called with:

- origin (camera, mms, images etc)
- current size
- current format

The function would return the following information:

- new size
- new format

It would be used by the "add image file" function. I also eventually
intend to hook it into the wallpaper view generically so that images
that are the wrong size/format are highlighted (or something similar).
This would apply if you changed the phone model while some are already
present in the view.

The ultimate goal is that you should be able to take some random phone
(eg an LG VX6000), do a complete read of all information, change the
phone type to another random phone (eg one of the Sanyos) and be able
to write it all back out with the minimum of information loss.

Incidentally, Susteen spammed me today about one of their products that
does that. Apparently the free updates are a $1,400 value. Well, I
claim the bi-weekly updates in BitPim are a 27c value :-)