[BitPim-devel] LG VX-5300
Robert J Grimes
2007-01-05 16:56:58 UTC
This is to Kit Richards in particular, but to the others doing the patch for
this phone.

Kit, how did you get your phone to work? I tried setting BitPim to XV8300 as
well, but I never can get it to recognize anything on the phone. What
settings did you use? Where did you get the drivers (if I can ask).

If there is a new version that someone would like some QC testing on, I
would be happy to try and give feedback. I have a Windows XP system.

Robert J. Grimes
Technology Liaison
b***@po8.org
2007-01-06 01:17:11 UTC
Setting BitPim to VX8300 is not good enough, as there are
phone version strings being exchanged in the protocol. You
need to apply the patch I've posted a couple of times, for
now. http://fob.po8.org/node/254 for the full story.
Hopefully some near future release of BitPim will have
VX5300 support in it.

Bart Massey
Technology Liaison
b***@po8.org