[BitPim-devel] Looking for suggestions on how to run BitPim from a Windows service...
David
2007-08-25 17:04:42 UTC

I would like to write a program for Windows XP that will upload MP3 podcasts to my phone once every night. I plan on using the task scheduler to run the service but would appreciate a bit of guidance on how to write the code. I am familiar with VB.Net and C++.Net so if there is a way to interface with BitPim using these perhaps this would be my best route? I'll take the time to learn Python if necessary. A list of what classes and methods inside BitPim itself I should focus on would be nice to start with.

The criteria for my program are:

Required:
- Delete MP3 files from phone
- Transfer a directory of MP3 files to phone

Desired:
- Read list of MP3 files on phone

My alternative at this point seems to be moving the memory card from the phone to the computer each night and back to the phone in the morning- something I know I won't keep on days where I'm pressed for time. Plugging in the phone each night would be ideal and I purchased this phone in hopes of realizing this solution.

Thanks for any assistance,

Dave

http://tv.yahoo.com/
David
2007-08-25 21:21:02 UTC
I found another forum post by someone trying to do the same thing with daily calendar updates. When I try to supply an argument to bitpim at the command line I get an error that shows a -c or -d argument can be supplied but I have yet to find documentation on how to use them. If there was a way to script BitPim from the command line, that would be all too easy- has a feature like this been discussed in the past?

[...]

that gives answers, not web links.
Sean Burke
2007-08-27 11:14:08 UTC
David,
If memory serves, someone on this list was working on a CLI for bitpim.
I do not think that it was included in the distribution, but if the
author is reading this, please correct me. With a command line version
you could just use a Windows cron service.

Sean
Hi,