[BitPim-devel] Calendar problems with 9.02 and SCH-A950
Joe Pham
2006-06-13 01:03:59 UTC
meeting 1: Start Time 6/8/2006 1:00PM, End Time 6/8/2006 2:00PM.
The subject and location fields are very long. The body is over 2
pages of text. Label: None; Show time as: Busy; No attachments.
This meeting is one of a series starting 4/13/2006, ending 7/6/2006,
occurring every 2 weeks. Reminder is set for 15 minutes before.
In this particular case, BitPim properly imported Outlook data, and also properly sent data to the A950, with some caveats:

1. For recurrent events, the A950 only displays the event on the start date. In this case, if you navigate to Apr 13, 2006, you'd see the event.
2. The A950 treats all recurrent events as open-ended, ie no end date. So in this case, it'd start from Apr 13 and go forever.
3. The A950 cannot accept every-2-week recurrent events, only every-week ones. So this one would fire off every Thursday instead every other Thu.

The best solution is to import Outlook calendar recurrent events as single events and send them to the phone as such. This approach works perfectly for what you need.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Peter Quirk
2006-06-14 02:05:18 UTC
Joe,

you wrote: In this particular case, BitPim properly imported Outlook data, and also properly sent data to the A950, with some caveats: 1. For recurrent events, the A950 only displays the event on the start date. In this case, if you navigate to Apr 13, 2006, you'd see the event.2. The A950 treats all recurrent events as open-ended, ie no end date. So in this case, it'd start from Apr 13 and go forever.3. The A950 cannot accept every-2-week recurrent events, only every-week ones. So this one would fire off every Thursday instead every other Thu. The best solution is to import Outlook calendar recurrent events as single events and send them to the phone as such. This approach works perfectly for what you need. -Joe Pham--------------
I was in fact importing all events as multi-single events. The problem is still there. Tonight I did another test. I have a scheduled meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 at Microsoft. It is a one-time meeting (no recurrences.) The entry was created by importing an ICAL event from a web page on the Microsoft event registration page. The event is not transferred to the phone. The event start date is June 14, but the event creation date is 6/8/2006. My filter is set to include events between 6/11/2006 and 7/16/2006. Is there any possibility that the code is looking at the creation date of the entry rather than the start date?

Regardless of when a series of meetings starts, the desired behavior is that any meetings which fall within the filter window should be created in the phone's calendar.-- Peter
Joe Pham
2006-06-14 03:37:18 UTC
Post by Peter Quirk
the desired behavior is that any meetings which fall within the
filter window should be created in the phone's calendar
The filter window only affects import data, not data being sent to
the phone, though that's not a bad suggestion. Can you do data
recording while sending calendar data to the phone and email me the
DR file, along with the iCal file.