[BitPim-devel] MAC builds
Simon C
2006-04-22 15:21:50 UTC
Roger,

I'm trying to recreate the mac build.
It gets as far as building the help and then hangs waiting for the help to
complete.
When the help is invoked a finder window appears but I have no idea if the
help is actually building.
I have 10.3 and the developer tools installed so I presume I have the help
maker although I do not know how to verify this.
Any thoughts before I start hacking the build script to bypass help (this is
just for a test build for a user)

Simon
Roger Binns
2006-04-22 18:00:02 UTC
Post by Simon C
I'm trying to recreate the mac build.
It gets as far as building the help and then hangs waiting for the help to
complete.
That sounds like you don't have the help indexer available. You should
be able to do this from a command line:

open -a "Apple Help Indexing Tool"

It comes as part of developer tools, and the actual app is somewhere
below /Developer (utilities or some similarly named directory).
Post by Simon C
When the help is invoked a finder window appears but I have no idea if the
help is actually building.
You should not get a finder window. You should get the help indexing tool.

Roger
Simon C
2006-04-23 06:19:05 UTC
That sounds like you don't have the help indexer available.
open -a "Apple Help Indexing Tool"
It comes as part of developer tools, and the actual app is
somewhere below /Developer (utilities or some similarly named
directory).
Found it, it was not in the path, works fine now.

There is a bug in makedist.py with the naming of the installation package.
It uses the version number from the previous build rather than the version
in the version.py.
vals=pkg.getvals()
Needs to be called after
pkg.ensureofficial()
So that the version.py update is picked up.

I have not checked in a change for this.

Simon
Roger Binns

Simon C
2006-04-23 20:16:11 UTC
Roger,

Which version of python do you use on 10.3, I'm getting a core dump when
running a build I made on 10.4?
At the moment I'm using 2.3 as installed with the O/S.

Simon
Roger Binns
2006-04-23 23:29:45 UTC
Post by Simon C
Which version of python do you use on 10.3,
Just whatever comes with the OS. I don't even have alternate
versions installed.
Post by Simon C
I'm getting a core dump when running a build I made on 10.4?
I don't have 10.4 so I can't help.