[BitPim-devel] Python 2.5 vs 2.5c
Todd Albers
2008-12-15 06:40:57 UTC
I am going to dabble and consider adding code for the Samsung metroPCS
R450 as a starter.

The following page states:

"
Install Python
You muse use Python 2.5.
"
http://www.bitpim.org/developer.html

The closest versions I can find on python.net are:

http://www.python.org/download/
Python 2.5.1 (April 18, 2007)
and
Python 2.5.2 (February 22, 2008)

I see 2.5.2 on the following also.
http://www.python.org/download/releases/

So, I assume that 2.5.2 is the release version of 2.5 that I should
use for BitPim. Is that correct?

I just want to make sure as I go along since I am a very green newbie
with BitPim. I don't want to assume and later regret it as I trash
several hours of work.

My apologies if this question is redundant of a previously posted
question. Let me know how to find the previous one if so because I
didn't find it.

I have good techy\dev\quality\professional experience. But I will be
getting up to speed here on spare time.

Again... BitPim newbie... Some newbie grace period is requested. :)

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated and will hopefully be
returned one day.

Thanks

Todd
Joe Pham
2008-12-16 03:05:23 UTC
Post by Todd Albers
So, I assume that 2.5.2 is the release version of 2.5 that I should
use for BitPim. Is that correct?
Either 2.5.1 or 2.5.2 will work fine. Personally, I use 2.5.2.

Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
Shop now at http://offers.netzero.net/TGL1231/?u=http://www.ftd.com/17007