[Bitpim-devel] LG VX6100 "wallpaper" problem with 0.7.23?
Nathan Kane
2004-12-18 08:40:32 UTC
Howdy all,

First, thank you to everyone who is putting in the effort to support all
of these phones.

When downloading wallpaper from my 6100 bitpim only seems to grab the
first 30 images on the phone. 10 of them are pre-loaded images and the
other 20 are taken from the camera (fetched from the /cam/ directory).

My phone currently has 12 more images in /cam/ that have not been
downloaded. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I thought I'd keep my
mouth shut about it until this release came out with "official" support
for the 6100. Previously I was using the 6000 drivers and saw the same
thing.

Thanks
Nathan
Roger Binns
2004-12-18 08:29:43 UTC
Post by Nathan Kane
When downloading wallpaper from my 6100 bitpim only seems to grab the
first 30 images on the phone. 10 of them are pre-loaded images and the
other 20 are taken from the camera (fetched from the /cam/ directory).
My phone currently has 12 more images in /cam/ that have not been
downloaded. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I thought I'd keep my
mouth shut about it until this release came out with "official" support
for the 6100. Previously I was using the 6000 drivers and saw the same
thing.
Run from the developer code and work out what the correct values should
be. There is a table in com_lgvx6100.py that you will find pertinent.
It currently has values substantially similar to the vx6000. For
the non-J2ME phones, the index file on the phone comes being the
"right" size, so it is easy to work out what the limit is. If you
ever wrote out the index files without saving your original filesystem
image then the files will have been changed to the size in com_lgvx6100.py.

Roger
Nathan Kane
2004-12-20 20:37:25 UTC
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I wont have time to investigate any of
this until after the new year due to work and family stuff. And I haven't
even had the chance to get the build environment for bitpim set up yet.

I thought I'd at least mention it so that the folks who are more
familiar with the 6100 modules could investigate it if they had time.

Nathan