[BitPim-devel] LG PM-325
Jerad Clark
2006-03-31 04:17:00 UTC
I finally reset my development environment this week in order to test
BitPim's functionality, but I don't seem to be able to write to it.
Going through the list archives I think it was Stephen on a March 1st
post that turned it off somehow? Anyone know how I can turn it back on
to test it?

Thanks!

BTW, Eclipse + PyDev + Subclipse is a pretty awesome combo to do
windows development in. I may be biased though as I use Eclipse anyway
for Java development.

All the evil in this world is a denial of what is
Christopher R. White
2006-04-02 05:48:12 UTC
Just thought I'd chime in my $0.02 worth. I successfully downloaded
phonebook, ringers, wallpaper, sms & todo off of my PM-325 today using
0.8.10. I have not tried to upload to the phone yet. Is this working
yet? I'd hate to destroy my filesystem on a whim.

Also, what options are available for owners of the LG MM-535. Any
chance BitPim will work with this phone? I purchased this phone on ebay
to replace my 325 and would like to see BitPim working with this phone
as well. I'm willing to help in any way that I can. Also, I will soon
have an LG PM-325 w/ data cable for temporary donation to anybody that's
interested, contact me off list to arrange for s&h.
Baltz, Philip
2006-04-03 18:16:08 UTC
2006-04-03 18:25:36 UTC
Stephen Wood disabled it per a March 1st email, and no one responded
to my request last week where I asked how to turn it back on so I
could test it out, nor have I had time to find the right switch to
flip.

As soon as it get's turned back on, I can test the phone book
read/write support on this phone.

Jerad
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is tr
Stephen Wood
2006-04-03 19:32:48 UTC
Post by Jerad Clark
Stephen Wood disabled it per a March 1st email, and no one responded
to my request last week where I asked how to turn it back on so I
could test it out, nor have I had time to find the right switch to
flip.
As soon as it get's turned back on, I can test the phone book
read/write support on this phone.
Jerad
Sorry, I must have missed that.

If you are running from sources, (make sure you are using sources checked
out from Subversion, not CVS), edit phones/com_lgpm325.py and add to the
_supportedsyncs list:

('phonebook', 'write', 'OVERWRITE'), # only overwriting phonebook

If you don't have BitPim working from sources, let me know, and we'll build
a private version of BitPim with phonebook writes enabled which you can use
at your own risk.

Stephen
Jerad Clark

Baltz, Philip
2006-04-03 22:04:14 UTC
I ran 0.8.10 from source and enabled the ringtone, wallpaper and
calendar write/merge functions.

I can successfully read phonebook, ringtone, wallpaper and call history
data from the phone into BitPim.

I was able to import Outlook data into BitPim and then write that data
into the phone.
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused exceptions and did not
complete.

I'm not surprised by the ringtone or wallpaper results as I don't think
any work has been done with that yet.
I was pleasantly surprised by the calendar results as until now I've had
now way to get my Outlook data onto my phone. This is a big plus for me
and I really appreciate the work everyone has done to get the PM-325
into BitPim.

Hopefully the increased interest I'm seeing in the phone will enable
phonebook, ringtone and wallpaper writing in short order.

-phil

________________________________

Stephen
Simon C
2006-04-03 22:40:57 UTC
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused exceptions and did not complete.
Can you post the exceptions.

Simon
Stephen Wood
2006-04-04 01:40:12 UTC
Simon:

At some point could you make a private build with the LG-PM325 write
features that seem to work (phonebook, calendar?) enabled. Then we can
privately point the interesting parties to that for testing.

Thanks, Stephn

One of the "Steves" of Project Steve at http://www.ncseweb.org/.
Jerad Clark
2006-04-04 03:19:32 UTC
I'm getting a communications error when trying to write out the
address book to my phone:

22:16:57.483 Error: Communications Error - LG PM325
LG packet failed CRC check
Please see the help.

And

22:16:56.983 LG PM325: Junk at begining of LG packet, data at 1
Post by Simon C
Post by Baltz, Philip
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused exceptions and did not
complete.
Post by Simon C
Can you post the exceptions.
Simon
Jerad Clark
2006-04-04 03:24:29 UTC
Sorry, I meant to hit save, not send.

I got that error after a significant portion (26 or 27 entries,
depending on how this log is supposed to be read) of my phonebook had
been written to the phone, and now a lot of phone book is doubled up
with duplicate entries.

If someone can let me know what other information is needed to fix
this, I'll be doing some of my own digging.

Brent, if you are around and there is something more I can do, please
let me know what you need.

Thanks,
Jerad
Post by Simon C
Post by Baltz, Philip
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused exceptions and did not
complete.
Post by Simon C
Can you post the exceptions.
Simon
--
Stephen Wood
One of the "Steves" of Project Steve at http://www.ncseweb.org/.
--
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.
All the evil in this w
Brent Roettger
2006-04-04 13:51:47 UTC
All,

Sorry for the delay on this...

I have not seen the CRC errors when testing on my phone. I have noticed
that sometimes the enteries in the phonebook will appear duplicated until
the phone is reset.

I will be working on the code this week. Before I went on vacation, I was
planning to look into inheiriting the code from the pm225 instead of
duplicating most of it.

I will have something by the end of the week, I just need to get SVN setup
instead of CVS before I get started.

Cheers,

Brent
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:24:29 -0500
Post by Simon C
Post by Baltz, Philip
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused exceptions and did not
complete.
Post by Simon C
Can you post the exceptions.
Simon
Simon C
2006-04-04 13:53:24 UTC
Post by Jerad Clark
I got that error after a significant portion (26 or 27 entries,
depending on how this log is supposed to be read) of my phonebook had
been written to the phone, and now a lot of phone book is doubled up
with duplicate entries.
If someone can let me know what other information is needed to fix
this, I'll be doing some of my own digging.
It sounds like you might be hitting a bug just fixed on the the pm225.
The code in pm325 is copied from the 225. Try remerging the code, there are
changes in reading/saving groups, and saving the phonebook, one of the
fields in the packet was being incorrectly set in some circumstances.
Alternatively you could try subclassing from the pm225 so that we don't have
duplicated code.

Can you post the full exception error and the protocol log of the problem.
Also are you up to date with the latest code out of the respository? There
are some error handling changes that would affect the exception text.

My e-mail reader (outlook) has trouble reading your mail for some reason,
could you post in plain text.

Thanks,

Simon
Baltz, Philip
2006-04-04 14:22:21 UTC
2006-04-04 15:38:40 UTC
In p_lgpm225.p

****
max_ringers=100
max_images=100
***

And

****
PACKET indexfile:
"Used for tracking wallpaper and ringtones"
# A bit of a silly design again. Entries with an index of 0xffff are
# 'blank'. Thus it is possible for numactiveitems and the actual
# number of valid entries to be mismatched.
P UINT {'constant': 30} maxitems
2 UINT numactiveitems
* LIST {'length': self.maxitems, 'elementclass': indexentry,
'createdefault': True} +items
****

Are inconsistant.

Changing the indexfile packet to this so that the number of items is only in
one place.
Remember to run protogen.py after you change this so that it regenerates the
python code.

PACKET indexfile:
"Used for tracking wallpaper and ringtones"
# A bit of a silly design again. Entries with an index of 0xffff are
# 'blank'. Thus it is possible for numactiveitems and the actual
# number of valid entries to be mismatched.
2 UINT numactiveitems
* LIST { 'elementclass': indexentry, 'createdefault': True} +items
Adding ringtone or wallpaper data caused
exceptions and did not complete.
Can you post the exceptions.
Simon
________________________________
HERE'S THE EXCEPTION WINDOW CONTENTS WHEN TRYING TO UPLOAD A
BitPim version: 0.8.10-official
An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.
File "C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim source\releases\0.8.10\src\gui.py",
line 270, in run
res=call()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim source\releases\0.8.10\src\gui.py",
line 147, in __call__
return apply(self.method, self.args+args, d)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim source\releases\0.8.10\src\gui.py",
line 1753, in senddata
apply(func, args)
[...]
{}
kwargs = Keys []
{}
Frame senddata in C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim source\releases\0.8.10\src\gui.py at line 1753
count = 0
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
args = [{'wallpaper-index': {1: {'origin': 'builtin',
'name': 'Starfish'}, 2: {'origin'
xx = (<bound method WorkerThread.writeringtone
of <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, starte
dict = Keys ['groups', 'ringtone',
'ringtone-index', 'uniqueserial', 'wallpaper-index']
func = <bound method WorkerThread.writeringtone
of <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started
todo = [(<bound method WorkerThread.writeringtone
of <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, start
desc = 'Ringtone'
Frame writeringtone in C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim source\releases\0.8.10\src\gui.py at line 1765
merge = True
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
data = Keys ['groups', 'ringtone',
'ringtone-index', 'uniqueserial', 'wallpaper-index']
Frame saveringtones in C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim
source\releases\0.8.10\src\phones\com_lgpm325.py
at line 621
merge = True
self = <phones.com_lgpm325.Phone instance at 0x04C349B8>
results = Keys ['groups', 'ringtone',
'ringtone-index', 'uniqueserial', 'wallpaper-index']
Frame savemedia in C:\Documents and Settings\A0321703\My
Documents\bitpim\bitpim
source\releases\0.8.10\src\phones\com_lgpm325.py
at line 925
content_changed = False
countfile = <phones.p_lgpm325.content_count object at
0x04CDEBD0>
sp = 0
results = Keys ['groups', 'ringtone',
'ringtone-index', 'uniqueserial', 'wallpaper-index']
data =
[...]
1198
[...]
todo = [(<bound method
WorkerThread.writewallpaper of <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, star