[BitPim-devel] Follow-up: MM-7500: SMS download / Auto-detection still picks wrong port
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-08-18 18:33:28 UTC
I apologize for not following-up sooner.

After downloading build v0.9.06, the SMS download was successful. Regarding this function, I see that there is a "Sent" folder within Bitpim, but only received SMS messages are being downloaded. Is that specific to the phone or the series (ie. Sanyo), or is that particular function in the works?? If so, I could help you to that end.

With respect the auto-detect function, v0.9.06 still selects the "Sanyo USB Modem" port instead of the serial port.

Thanks again for all your efforts!!

//Delphicoder

-= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:18:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: -= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com>
Subject: MM-7500: SMS download / Auto-detection still picks wrong port
To: bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net

Using the latest official version of Bitpim (v0.9.05) and the Sanyo MM-7500, the following issues are occuring:

1. SMS Downloads do not work. The program produces an exception, so I will post the log details in the next day or so.

2. Auto-detection still selects the "Sanyo USB Phone" entry instead of "Sanyo Serial Port", forcing a manual adjustment before anything can get done. This was a previously discussed issue.

I'll be more than happy to work with you folks to get this running properly.

I will monitor dev archives for any new releases.

Thanks!

//Delphicoder

Stephen Wood
2006-08-18 18:56:43 UTC
Post by -= Delphicoder =-
I apologize for not following-up sooner.
After downloading build v0.9.06, the SMS download was successful.
Regarding this function, I see that there is a "Sent" folder within Bitpim,
but only received SMS messages are being downloaded. Is that specific to
the phone or the series (ie. Sanyo), or is that particular function in the
works?? If so, I could help you to that end.
This is common to the BitPim support for Sanyo phones. I don't know if
there is a protocol to read the Sent folder. I made some minimal effort a
while ago to find out how to read the sent folder, but was not successful.

Post by -= Delphicoder =-
Modem" port instead of the serial port.
I couldn't find any serial port commands (such as the firmwarerequest
packet) that returned enough information to identify the phone, while the
modem port clearly returns the model using the usual AT commands. So what
needs to be done is choose the serial port after detecting the phone on
modem port. But I havn't delved into the phone detection code enough to
figure out how to do it.

Stephen