[BitPim-devel] outlook "file as" field
john moore
2007-08-03 20:04:06 UTC
Hey guys,

The "file as" field from outlook is not available as an option for naming
contacts in Bitpim. Many phones don't have both a company and a name field
in their internal rolodex (nice way to force us to use PDAs). a good
solution would be to make the "file as" field available, or allowing to
combine company and name in bitpim (the latter would be really cool).

Another thing to discuss would be a way to make addresses available in
phones that don't support them. A VX9900, for instance, could have the
address dropped into the top of the "notes" field.

thanks guys!
--
Sincerely,

John Moore
Minds Dozer, Inc.
(Min) dsD-ozer
(646) 373-6937
Joe Pham
2007-08-04 21:25:29 UTC
or allowing to combine company and name in bitpim (the latter would
be really cool).
A VX9900, for instance, could have the address dropped into the top
of the "notes" field.
The data can be manipulated to do that fairly easily.

Get NetZero DSL - the easier, safer broadband!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?u=http://ads.addynamix.com/click/2-2125048-26
john moore

(646) 373-6937
john moore
2007-09-05 07:53:58 UTC
perhaps i misinterpereted you on this one. I did drop the address into the
"notes" field in excel, but how are you suggesting I combine the company and
name for bitpim to put on the phone without clobbering the data I have in
outlook?

thanks,

john

(646) 373-6937
Joe Pham
2007-09-05 22:27:31 UTC
but how are you suggesting I combine the company and name for bitpim
to put on the phone without clobbering the data I have in outlook?
1. Import Outlook contacts into BitPim
2. Export BitPim contacts as csv
3. Manipulate the csv data
4. Import your modified csv data back into BitPim
5. Send contacts data to the phone.

Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.
http://3rdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijm1qQA3QhQRZsJRjO0ZljUvatQCfFUtfzqdAfeydQ8q2xCL6/
john moore

(646) 373-6937
Joe Pham
2007-09-05 22:48:24 UTC
Post by john moore
that's what i meant by "clobbering" the data. I would no longer
have valid name data in Outlook.
You're modifying BitPim data, not Outlook (at this point, you can't export BitPim data directly to Outlook).

john moore