[BitPim-devel] LGDM Phone patch
Nathan Hjelm
2007-06-14 13:23:16 UTC
Just noticed 1.0.0 was out. So, here is an updated version of my DM
phone patch.

Changes from SVN source:
- DM v5 for VX5300(T53VZV04), VX8600(T86VZV03), VX9900 (T99VZV02)
- DM code moved to new class com_lg.LGDMPhone. All DM phones now
inherit from this class (this makes DM phone implementation much
easier).

DMv5 has been confirmed to work will all of the phones listed above
(using the VX-8700 setting).
Joe Pham
2007-06-16 00:29:09 UTC
Thanks for the patch. I'll take a quick look and let you know.

Click for a free comparison on healthcare coverage and save 100's
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?u=http://tagline.untd.us/fc/CAaCX1Ij9weB2a43nxaghksl8RY8ZK4P/
Nathan Hjelm
2007-06-19 00:17:55 UTC
Joe, I did some more research into the VX-8600 (T86VZV03) and the
VX-9400 and discovered these phones will periodically exit download
mode. Attached is an updated version of my LGDMPhone patch that
adjusts for such phones. The code has been tested to work with a
VX-8600 (V03 firmware).

Also added (I can provide a separate patch for these if you like):
- Mostly decoded the format of /pim/pbentry.dat on the VX-9400.
(needs testing)
- Detect "blocked by provider" on the VX-8700 and VX-9400 (essential
for the new version of my LGDMPhone code to work with these phones).
Nathan Hjelm
2007-06-20 00:13:52 UTC
Even more research later....

Discovered that later firmwares of the VX-8100 and VX-8300 require
DMv4 for *some* file transfers (most notably ringtones). This has
been tested (on a VX-8300 that give the "blocked by provider" error)
by setting the phone to VX-8600 to transfer ringtones.

Short summary:
- DM code moved to com_lg.LGDMPhone. This class is inherited by the
VX-8100 to cover all DM phones.
- Made DM code transparent to phone implementations. There is no need
to declare DM version as LGDMPhone with try both versions in turn (if
necessary).
- Switch to DM mode is attempted in any phone inheriting LGDMPhone
raises an access denied exception (catches phones that leave DM
periodically). If an access denied exception is not raised the DM
code will not run.
- Adds support for the pbentry.dat file format of the VX-9400. (needs
testing)
- Detect "blocked by provider" on the VX-8700 and VX-9400.

ᅩ
-Nathan
Post by Nathan Hjelm
Joe, I did some more research into the VX-8600 (T86VZV03) and the
VX-9400 and discovered these phones will periodically exit download
mode. Attached is an updated version of my LGDMPhone patch that
adjusts for such phones. The code has been tested to work with a
VX-8600 (V03 firmware).
- Mostly decoded the format of /pim/pbentry.dat on the VX-9400.
(needs testing)
- Detect "blocked by provider" on the VX-8700 and VX-9400
(essential for the new version of my LGDMPhone code to work with
these phones).
<lgdmphone_patch>
-Nathan