[BitPim-devel] samsung spha620 series image filename / date patch
Jon Christopher
2007-08-21 09:18:02 UTC
Attached is a one line patch which enables Samsung 620 series (and
derivative) phones to have the date images were taken encoded in the
filename.

Prior to revision 2212, the filename *was* the datestamp for these
phones, but later revisions replaced that with the caption. Having
the caption is nice except that:

1) many users don't bother to set the caption, so it's just Pic001, etc.
2) current versions of bitpim lose all image date information for
these images, making it not play very
nice with iPhoto, etc

The attached patch simply changes the output image file name to:

<datestamp>_<caption>.jpg

The user can then use third-party tools to use the date stamp (e.g.
add an exif section with the datestamp).

I'd dearly love to see this incorporated into later releases of bitpim.

Thanks,
Jon Christopher
Stephen Wood

Jon Christopher
Stephen Wood
2007-08-22 04:24:05 UTC
Post by Jon Christopher
Attached is a one line patch which enables Samsung 620 series (and
derivative) phones to have the date images were taken encoded in the
filename.
I put in your patch. Please test it as I don't have the A620 or any of the
phones that share it's code any more.

Stephen