[BitPim-devel] VX-8550 phonebook read/write support
Nathan Hjelm
2007-07-22 20:38:51 UTC
Attached is a patch that adds phonebook support for the VX-8550. The VX-8550 does not appear to support the LG phonebook protocol that earlier models use so this code uses files located in /pim . The patch also adds a LGHEXPN (LG hex packed number) class to prototypeslg.py in support of the phonebook code. Both phonebook read and write have been tested to work with an LG VX-8550.

-Nathan
Joe Pham
2007-07-23 01:21:54 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
The VX-8550 does not appear to support the LG phonebook protocol
that earlier models use
What errors did you get with the phonebook protocol responses?

Save hundreds of dollars a year with NetZero Internet access.
Plans start as low as $9.95 a month. Visit NetZero today!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?u=http://ads.addynamix.com/click/2-2130420-238
Nathan Hjelm
2007-07-23 03:27:21 UTC
Bad Brew Command.

i.e

0xff 0x11 0x01 ...

returns

0x13 0xff 0x11 0x01 ...

Have you seen that before?

-Nathan
2007-07-23 22:46:14 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
Have you seen that before?
I can't say that I have. Can you ask your source to do some DR and
email me the file. I'm surprised that LG/VZW would change the
protocol from the 8500 to the 8550, but stranger things have happened.

Nathan Hjelm
2007-07-24 15:47:01 UTC
Yeah, I also find it odd that LG/VZW would remove the phonebook protocol but it does appear to be gone. They could have just changed the command byte from 0xff. How was the lg phonebook protocol originally snooped?

I should also note that they are using a pseudo-markup language for both /pim/pbentry.dat and /pim/pbnumber.dat . I have no clue why they would start using a pseudo-XML format for either of those files. The file format change might just be a coincidence.

Anyway, attached is a protocol log I received from one of the users with whom I have been working (sensitive info removed). If you prefer a DR I will request that from the user and pass it on.

BTW, I will look into the 8700 calendar/note problems some users have had.

-Nathan