[Bitpim-devel] vx4500 phone
greg cunningham
2004-03-12 18:42:31 UTC
If I can get you a vx4500 phone to use for development
will you be able to do anything without activating the
phone. I talked to verizon and they tell me that the
only way to activate this phone is with a 1 or 2 year
contract... prepay wont work.

thanks
greg

http://search.yahoo.com
Roger Binns
2004-03-12 18:56:36 UTC
Post by greg cunningham
If I can get you a vx4500 phone to use for development
will you be able to do anything without activating the
phone. I talked to verizon and they tell me that the
only way to activate this phone is with a 1 or 2 year
contract... prepay wont work.
I can easily work with a phone that isn't activated.
What I do is the ESN swaps online if I need it active
for any period. I would recommend holding off for a
few weeks to see how well my BitFling work goes.

These are the terms and conditions I send anyone who
does want to supply a phone:

Responsibilities:

- No money will change hands
- You will ship me a phone, some sort of charging mechanism
and a cable
- When you want the phone back, I will return it, with you
paying the shipping and insurance
- You understand that I may make the phone non-functional and
I will not be responsible should that happen
- Should the phone be lost or damaged through no wilful action
on my behalf (for example fire, theft) then I will not be
financially responsible for it
- The phone, cable and other accessories remain your property
- The phone will be capable of being activated on the Verizon
network. I may chose to do so, and will deactivate it
before returning the phone to you if I do.
- All code I write is under my copyright, and you have no rights
to it at all. It will become a standard part of the BitPim
source and be under the same license as the rest of BitPim
- I will endeavour to add phone support to BitPim as my schedule
and other commitments allow. I would expect that the next
major release of BitPim would contain the support
- Either side can cancel this arrangement at any time
- I will be under no obligation to provide you or your customers
with support

Branding:

- Upon receipt of the phone and some initial investigation I will
add some text to the "Other phones" section of the BitPim website
http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/#otherphones

It will be substantially similar to:

<Model> support is also being added. This is helped by <You>
providing me with the phone and cable while I work on
the code. You can thank them for their support by <buying
from website etc>

Similar text will be in the online help section on the phone.

- The text will remain part of the BitPim website and online help
for a period of time at my discretion

Software:

- I will not produce a special version of BitPim. You will be
able to download standard versions from the BitPim website.
Any distribution of the standard version or a special version
you may produce has to be within the terms of the GNU GPL
License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Please notice its requirements to do with distribution, fees
and modified versions.

- BitPim will not be limited to only working with your
cable or phone, nor will there be a version that does so