[BitPim-devel] Sanyo Katana DLX (SCP-8500)
Andrew Cameron Irvin
2008-12-10 21:22:52 UTC
Sanyo Katana DLX (SCP-8500)

Does anyone know if this phone works with BitPim or is anyone working on it? (I have one if that helps). I'm sorry but I just can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question. The model is not listed anywhere in BitPim documentation, as far as supporting OR not supporting it. Thanks a million.

Andrew
carl kristoffersen
2008-12-14 05:23:19 UTC
Post by Andrew Cameron Irvin
Does anyone know if this phone works with BitPim or is anyone working on
it? (I have one if
Post by Andrew Cameron Irvin
that helps). I'm sorry but I just can't seem to find a definitive answer
to this question.
Post by Andrew Cameron Irvin
The model is not listed anywhere in BitPim documentation, as far as
supporting OR not
Post by Andrew Cameron Irvin
supporting it. Thanks a million.
I have a DLX SCP-8500 which I've been trying to read but no luck so
far. I think there was someone that was working on it about a year ago,
but nothing since. I just may have to learn to do it myself.... then
maybe SWGDE will pay for my trip to Vegas for the CES. :-)
If it helps, I'll buy a DLX for anyone that wants to work on it.
Ken Schnell
2008-12-14 18:44:33 UTC
I had something about a year ago but I have not had a chance to get back
to it - It had been able to read / write the camera images but that was
about it. I am not a python programmer nor can I say I understand the
Bitpim object model. I have attached some code taken from existing code
by Stephen Wood - and modified a bit. Use at your own discretion. I have
not been back to it since last year.

Phone Features are listed below for anyone wishing to continue development:
Sprint ADP

Sanyo SCP-8500
Model Number: SCP-8500
Style: Clam Shell
CLDC version: 1.1
MIDP version: 2.0

Main Features:
Camera
JavaME
Bluetooth Technology
Sprint TV Capable

Features
Camera
MP3 Player
Music Store Capable
Sprint TV Capable
External Display
Bluetooth

Hardware
FCC IDAEZSCP-85H

Main LCD DisplayDisplay size (w x h) in inches 1.19" x 1.55"
Display type (STN, TFT, other - specify) TFT
Resolution (provide details) 240 x 320
Menu Structure:
Support 3 x 3 menu (Yes/No) No
Support 4 x 3 menu (176 x 220 min) (Yes/No) Yes
Support other customizable menu (Yes/No) If yes, please explain
Yes: List
View
Color (Yes/No) Yes
Number of colors (list number) 262144
Number of text lines displayable (list number) 11
Text Characters per line (list number) Propotional
Main Display Pixel Dimensions (width x height) 240 x 320
Height of Icons bar 27
Height of Clock bar 29
Height of QCIF 144
Height of Banner bar 15 dots x 2 lines
Height of Softkey bar 32
Usable Pixels 240w ? 261h
Main Display Total Pixel count (w x h) 76800
Main Display Pixel Aspect Ratio (list) 1: 0.976
Main Display Screen Refresh Rate
Frames per second when entire screen is refreshed (fps) 85Hz
Frames per second when 30% of screen is refreshed (fps) No

Sub LCD DisplaySub Display (Yes/No) Yes
Sub Display size (w x h) in inches 0.70"x0.70"
Sub Display type (STN, TFT, other - specify) TFT
Resolution (provide details) 80 x 80
Color (Yes/No) Yes
Number of colors (list number) 65536
Sub Display Total Pixel Count (width x height) 6400
Sub Display Pixel Aspect Ratio (list) 1 : 1
Sub Display Screen Refresh Rate (fps) 85Hz

Ring Tones CapabilitiesMIDI Ringer (max file size)
Yes (up to available download memory)
QCELP Ringer (max file size)
Yes (up to available download memory)
MP3 Ringer (max file size)
Yes (up to available download memory)
AAC Ringer (max file size)
Yes (up to available download memory)
AAC+ Ringer (max file size)
Yes (up to available download memory)
Video Ringer (max file size)
How many chords supported? (list) 72
How many traditional ring tones are included? 16
How many melodic ring tones are included? 9
Support animated ringtones (Yes/No) Yes
Support voice ringers (Yes/No) Yes
Downloadable Ringers - from VM (Yes/No) Yes

Graphic CapabilitiesImage Type (static or animated
screensavers/wallpaper)
png (Yes/No) Yes
Transparency? (Yes/No) No
jpg (Yes/No) Yes
Transparency? (Yes/No) No
gif (Yes/No) Yes
Transparency? (Yes/No) Yes
bmp (Yes/No) Yes
Transparency? (Yes/No) No
animated gif (Yes/No) Yes
m3g Screen Saver (3D animation) (Yes/No) Yes
CMX (list version and CMX max. file size) Ver 4.4 (available download
memory)
Screen Saver Capabilities
Downloadable Screen savers? (Yes/No) Yes
Maximum size of wallpaper in pixels (w x h) 240 x 320
Screensaver usable pixel dimensions - Caller ID (w x h) 240 x 293
Maximum size of static screensaver (KB) 500KB
Sound effect QCELP support (Yes/No) Yes
If yes, what is Maximum file size supported (KB) Available
download memory
Multi Media Playback on sub LCD (Yes/No) Yes
Real Audio/Video (Yes/No) No Yes
Windows Media (Yes/No) Local playback only
Streaming Multi-media (Yes/No) (If yes, 1X or EVDO) Yes (EVDO)
Pre-loaded Apps (WMA/WMV) Yes
Downloadable Games / Applications (Yes/No) Yes
QTV 4.0, 5.5 (list version if supported) 4.7.2
carl kristoffersen
2008-12-20 00:09:26 UTC
Post by carl kristoffersen
Does anyone know if this phone works with BitPim or is anyone working on it? (I have one ifthat helps). I'm sorry but I just can't seem to find a definitive answerto this question. The model is not listed anywhere in BitPim documentation, as far as supporting OR not supporting it. Thanks a million.
I have a DLX SCP-8500 which I've been trying to read but no luck so
far. I think there was someone that was working on it about a year ago,
but nothing since. I just may have to learn to do it myself.... then
maybe SWGDE will pay for my trip to Vegas for the CES. :-)
If it helps, I'll buy a DLX for anyone that wants to work on it.
I think I'll give it a go. Now I just need to figure out how. :-)

Carl