[BitPim-devel] Re: LG PM-325 Development
Brent Roettger
2005-09-08 06:43:49 UTC
<P>I am willing to help out with this.&nbsp; I have had the phone for about a month and I am in the process of trying to install and figure out &nbsp;cvs, python, etc.&nbsp; I am&nbsp;a visual studio.net developer during the day, but have worked with many different languages over the years.&nbsp; Any suggestions on how to get up an running in the shortest time would be appreciated. :)</P>
<P>I have dumped the entire contents of my phone and started looking at the files in the pim folder in order to figure out the phonebook stuff.<BR>I also have a vx4400 and vx4650 that I can use to compare things that are known to be working on those phones.</P>
<P>Cheers,</P>
<P>Brent Roettger<BR></P></DIV></div></html>
Simon C
2005-09-08 14:23:30 UTC
Good luck,

One thing that will help to know is that the phonebook is not read directly
from the filesystem on the lg phones, it is read via a set of command and
up with the filesystem. You can see the actual "packets" when you look at
the protocol log in bitpim.

For everything else on the phone, calender, sms, memo and call history you
do read the filesystem and that is where the hex editor comes in very
useful.
Also follow the developer page settup instructuctions, there are several
packages that have to be installed carefully for it all to work.
I am willing to help out with this. I have had the phone for about a
month and I am in the process of trying to install and figure out cvs,
python, etc. I am a visual studio.net developer during the day, but have
worked with many different languages over the years. Any suggestions on how
to get up an running in the shortest time would be appreciated. :)

I have dumped the entire contents of my phone and started looking at the
files in the pim folder in order to figure out the phonebook stuff.
I also have a vx4400 and vx4650 that I can use to compare things that are
known to be working on those phones.

Cheers,

Brent Roettger

Jerad Clark
I am willing to help out with this. I have had the phone for about a month
and I am in the process of trying to install and figure out cvs, python,
etc. I am a visual studio.net developer during the day, but have worked
with many different languages over the years. Any suggestions on how to get
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.
Simon C
2005-09-08 14:46:06 UTC
if you directly manipulated the filesystem for the phonebook you would have
to reboot the phone every time you made a change, there are some commerial
clones of bitpim that do this, with this method you do not have to reboot.
Post by Simon C
known to be working on those phones.
Cheers,
Brent Roettger
& EXPO September
Post by Simon C
19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices Agile &
Post by Simon C
Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams *
Testing & QA Security
Post by Simon C
* Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development
Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams *
Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf
Jerad Clark
2005-09-08 14:48:50 UTC
well, that sounds like a good enough reason to me :)