[Bitpim-devel] LG VX6100 imagelocations and indices question
John O'Shaughnessy
2004-11-15 05:02:13 UTC
I'm working on the VX6100 and I'm curious as to how the imagelocation index
file offsets are determined. I'm currently using the same set as the
VX6000.

I've modified the builtinimages and builtinringtones tuples, but when I read
in ringtones or images, the list seems to be ignored, and the built-in
images are read into BitPim.

class Phone(com_lgvx4400.Phone):
"Talk to the LG VX6100 cell phone"

desc="LG-VX6100"

protocolclass=p_lgvx6100
serialsname='lgvx6100'

# more VX6100 indices
imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 10, "download/dloadindex/brewImageIndex.map", "brew/shared",
"images", 30) ,
( 0xc8, "download/dloadindex/mmsImageIndex.map", "brew/shared/mms",
"mms", 20),
( 0xdc, "download/dloadindex/mmsDrmImageIndex.map",
"brew/shared/mms/d", "drm", 20),
( 0x82, None, None, "camera", 20) # nb camera must be last
)

ringtonelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 50, "download/dloadindex/brewRingerIndex.map",
"user/sound/ringer", "ringers", 30),
( 150, "download/dloadindex/mmsRingerIndex.map", "mms/sound", "mms",
20),
( 180, "download/dloadindex/mmsDrmRingerIndex.map", "mms/sound/drm",
"drm", 20)
)

builtinimages= ('bear_heart', 'elvis_birthday_sm', 'hi_pig_sm',
'love_you_cat_sm', 'martini', 'party_time', 'roses',
'sorry_monster',
'sun', 'surfing')

Thanks,

John
John O'Shaughnessy
Roger Binns
2004-11-15 16:38:10 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
I'm working on the VX6100 and I'm curious as to how the imagelocation index
file offsets are determined.
Set something as someones wallpaper and see. For example if you set the
item out of images as wallpaper, the phonebook entry should have a number
of 10. If it was out of mms it will be 0xc8. (That corresponds to index
zero of the corresponding items.)
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
I'm currently using the same set as the VX6000.
You'll need to find out exactly where your phone does place the images,
the format of the index file etc. BTW it has *NEVER* been the same
across two LG models.
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
builtinimages= ('bear_heart', 'elvis_birthday_sm', 'hi_pig_sm',
'love_you_cat_sm', 'martini', 'party_time', 'roses',
'sorry_monster',
'sun', 'surfing')
Those are not builtins on the VX6000. If the phone starts up and
the image directory is empty then they get created there, and are
placed in the index etc.

builtins have index numbers of 1,2,3 etc if you select them in the
phonebook.

Roger
Dale
2004-11-16 18:59:15 UTC
My phone is locked and I can't remember the four digit number, is there
anyway I can see what the number is through the filesytem?
Dale
2004-11-16 19:48:46 UTC
Hey Roger, did you guys fix this? I just downloaded the lastest developer
copy and I was able to download and upload the phonebook to my LG4600 Telus
phone.
Roger Binns
2004-11-17 02:51:13 UTC
Post by Dale
Hey Roger, did you guys fix this? I just downloaded the lastest developer
copy and I was able to download and upload the phonebook to my LG4600 Telus
phone.
I haven't touched it in ages.

Roger
Dale
2004-11-17 15:15:00 UTC
Well it seems to be working, the only thing that doesn't seem to work
properly is when I try to upload a jpg it doesn't seem to get displayed on
the phone it just stays on the loading screen, also the ringtones don't work
correctly either. However they do get sent to the phone, the phone just can
display or play the files.

Is there code being developed for import Outlook calendar events?

Hey Roger, did you guys fix this? I just downloaded the lastest
developer copy and I was able to download and upload the phonebook to
my LG4600 Telus phone.
I haven't touched it in ages.

A multidimensional database that combines robust object and relational
technologies, making it a perfect match for Java, C++,COM, XML, ODBC and
JDBC. www.intersystems.com/match8