[BitPim-devel] VX4500 Phone Info Problems
Dustin
2005-10-27 17:12:57 UTC
I wrote the Phone Info code for the LG VX4500 and sent the code in a few weeks ago. It got added to CVS. When I submitted the code it worked fine, it would show all the phone info. I downloaded the latest version of BitPim and tried it out and it doesn't show everything. It only shows the Model and Manufacturer. It never shows an error in the log or protocol log and no exceptions appear, so I don't know whats not working right. Was some other code changed that may be making this not work right? Also, I tried out the latest version from CVS. When I do Phone Info, it gives an exception. I've put the exception at the bottom of the message. Any ideas what is causing that? I've seen some talk about some phone detect code changes, would that be causing this? If anyone has any ideas, I can work on editing the code and testing it on my VX4500 and hopefully get this working again.

Heres the exception:

An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py", line 173, in run
res=call()
File "C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py", line 113, in __call__
return apply(self.method, self.args+args, d)
File "C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py", line 1731, in getphoneinfo
getattr(self.commphone, 'getphoneinfo')(phone_info)
File "C:\phone\bitpim\com_lgvx4500.py", line 84, in getphoneinfo
req=p_brew.firmwarerequest()
NameError: global name 'p_brew' is not defined
Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last
Frame __bootstrap in C:\Python23\lib\threading.py at line 442
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
Frame run in C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py at line 166
e = <exceptions.NameError instance at 0x02ABD9E0>
res = None
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
item = (<gui.Request instance at 0x02ABD878>, <gui.Callback instance at 0x02ABD9B8>)
call = <gui.Request instance at 0x02ABD878>
ex = <exceptions.NameError instance at 0x02ABD9E0>
resultcb = <gui.Callback instance at 0x02ABD9B8>
first = 0
Frame __call__ in C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py at line 113
self = <gui.Request instance at 0x02ABD878>
args = ()
d = Keys []
{}
kwargs = Keys []
{}
Frame getphoneinfo in C:\phone\bitpim\gui.py at line 1731
phone_info = <phoneinfo.PhoneInfo object at 0x02C86130>
self = <WorkerThread(BitPim helper, started daemon)>
Frame getphoneinfo in C:\phone\bitpim\com_lgvx4500.py at line 94
phone_info = <phoneinfo.PhoneInfo object at 0x02C86130>
s = 'VX4500, VRZ, 04, 2.0.2.6, 18, 879736, 19, 879824, \xbe\xf8\xc0\xbd'
self = <com_lgvx4500.Phone instance at 0x02ABD7D8>

Dustin Heimerl

AIM: hypercooljake
MSN: ***@undeadarmy.com
Cell Phone: (920)-915-7271
Email: ***@undeadarmy.com or ***@sbcglobal.net
http://www.uberprofile.info
Simon C
2005-10-27 20:41:26 UTC
Joe,

I've addedd the help files for the vx5200 to cvs, but
I don't know how to integrate them with the rest of
help code, can you give me references to look at or is
it automatic?

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-10-27 21:35:54 UTC
Post by Dustin
It never shows an error in the log or protocol log and no exceptions
appear
That's by design. Retrieving phone info should not crash BitPim.
Post by Dustin
When I do Phone Info, it gives an exception.
In debug mode, it would however propagate the exception.
Post by Dustin
Any ideas what is causing that?
I forgot to import p_brew. Will fix that in the next release.

Revolutionize the way you surf the Web!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!
Joe Pham
2005-10-27 21:36:34 UTC
I'll take a look at what you committed and let you know.