[Bitpim-devel] 0.7.22 is now up
Roger Binns
2004-11-23 07:51:53 UTC
sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233

Shout if you find any problems. It will be announced on Tuesday
evening if no issues are found.

Roger
The Doctor
2004-11-23 08:31:20 UTC
I just tried it on my VGA1000 from WIndows XP Pro.

Out of the box I got an exception trying to browse the filesystem, so
I powered the phone off and on. Then I could view the filesystem, but
an attempt to merge the new phonebook entries into the computer side,
caused a BSOD in SSCDMDM.SYS which I think is a BitPIm Driver.

THe initial reboot would not allow bitpim to even come up, so I
restarted Windows again. THis time it did come up and I was able to
merge the phonebook onto the computer, but a subsequent filesystem
retrieval got this:

An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.pyo", line 150, in run
File "gui.pyo", line 90, in __call__
File "gui.pyo", line 1222, in dirlisting
File "com_brew.pyo", line 153, in getfilesystem
File "com_brew.pyo", line 370, in sendbrewcommand
File "com_phone.pyo", line 112, in setmode
File "com_brew.pyo", line 362, in _setmodebrew
File "com_brew.pyo", line 444, in sendbrewcommand
File "p_brew.pyo", line 2067, in readfrombuffer
File "p_brew.pyo", line 149, in readfrombuffer
File "prototypes.pyo", line 199, in readfrombuffer
ValueError: The value read should be a constant of 89, but was 31 instead

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame getfilesystem in com_brew.pyo at line 167
i = 0
self = <com_samsungscha620.Phone instance at 0x01E0BE90>
req = <p_brew.listfilerequest object at 0x01D7F9B0>
recurse = 0
results = Keys []
{}
dir = ''

Frame sendbrewcommand in com_brew.pyo at line 370
callsetmode = True
request = <p_brew.listfilerequest object at 0x01D7F9B0>
self = <com_samsungscha620.Phone instance at 0x01E0BE90>
responseclass = <class 'p_brew.listfileresponse'>

Frame setmode in com_phone.pyo at line 114
desiredmode = 'modebrew'
self = <com_samsungscha620.Phone instance at 0x01E0BE90>
strmode = 'phonebook'
strdesiredmode = 'brew'
func = '_setmodebrew'
v = 'writefile'

Frame _setmodebrew in com_brew.pyo at line 365
baud = 0
line = '+GMM: SPH-A620'
req = <p_brew.memoryconfigrequest object at 0x02BBEF50>
respc = <class 'p_brew.memoryconfigresponse'>
self = <com_samsungscha620.Phone instance at 0x01E0BE90>

Frame sendbrewcommand in com_brew.pyo at line 449
origdata =
'\x1f\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x04dsatcop.c\x00+C\x00\x11\x13Fata
d = -1
responseclass = <class 'p_brew.memoryconfigresponse'>
buffer = <prototypes.buffer instance at 0x01E0BB20>
res = <p_brew.memoryconfigresponse object at 0x02BBEDB0>
callsetmode = False
firsttwo = 'Y\x0c'
request = <p_brew.memoryconfigrequest object at 0x02BBEF50>
crc = '\xe5\xbc'
data =
'\x1f\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0b\x00\x00\x00\x04dsatcop.c\x00+C\x00\x11\x14Fata
self = <com_samsungscha620.Phone instance at 0x01E0BE90>

Frame readfrombuffer in p_brew.pyo at line 2067
self = <p_brew.memoryconfigresponse object at 0x02BBEDB0>
buf = <prototypes.buffer instance at 0x01E0BB20>

Frame readfrombuffer in p_brew.pyo at line 149
self = <p_brew.responseheader object at 0x02BBEE70>
buf = <prototypes.buffer instance at 0x01E0BB20>

Frame readfrombuffer in prototypes.pyo at line 199
shift = 8
self = <prototypes.UINTlsb object at 0x02BBED70>
dummy = 0
buf = <prototypes.buffer instance at 0x01E0BB20>
res = 31

Time to go to bed for the night, but I think this release may not be
ready for prime time. FWIW, I had no similar problems using earlier
BitPim releases on same phone with same cable.
2004-11-23 16:11:56 UTC
Post by The Doctor
caused a BSOD in SSCDMDM.SYS which I think is a BitPIm Driver.
BitPim does not contain any drivers, nor does it contain any
components that run as privileged code. Even if it tried to
cause crashes in drivers etc (which it doesn't), they shouldn't
have issues.

The BSOD is squarely an issue in that driver or something else
in your operating system.
Post by The Doctor
Time to go to bed for the night, but I think this release may not be
ready for prime time. FWIW, I had no similar problems using earlier
BitPim releases on same phone with same cable.
The BSOD is nothing to do with BitPim. The other issue is either
specific to your a620 or to all Samsung phones.

Roger
Vic Heintz
2004-11-23 15:02:37 UTC
Video support? Or is that getting outside the scope of BitPim?

The Samsung A670 allows you to grab two videos about 10 secs long. The
"video" is basically a slideshow played at about 4 or 5 frames /sec.
They are stored in dirs camcoder0 and camcoder1 as a series of frames
which are in a format similar to the regular camera stills ( jpg with
extra 96 byte header.) The soundtracks are stored in
nvm/camcoder[0,1]/vst_memo in the same pmd format as regular voice
memos.

It was a fairly simple matter to strip the headers and convert the
folder of frames to a quicktime movie using a 3rd party tool such as
Graphic Converter (Mac OS). Going the other direction (movie to frames)
might be more difficult unless we can figure out what all the binary
data in the 96 byte header means.

Vic
Roger Binns
2004-11-23 16:20:48 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
Video support? Or is that getting outside the scope of BitPim?
The plan is download them as part of "wallpapers" just as we
grab still camera images.

To display them, I was intending to use ffmpeg to convert to a
motion jpeg and then grab one frame every second.

The display is going to depend on my new widget I talked about the
other day. That is going to come after the SQLite work.

Here is an example of me using ffmpeg to convert a video from the
LG VX7000:

C:\projects\bitpim>helpers\ffmpeg.exe -i 0917042017.3g2 foo.mjpeg
header damaged
warning: first frame is no keyframe
Input #0, mov, from '0917042017.3g2':
Duration: 00:00:15.1, bitrate: 93 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, 176x144, 15.00 fps
Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x6134706d, 8000 Hz, stereo
Output #0, mjpeg, to 'foo.mjpeg':
Stream #0.0: Video: mjpeg, 176x144, 15.00 fps, q=2-31, 200 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
frame= 225 q=12.0 size= 431kB time=15.0 bitrate= 235.5kbits/s

The audio format is actually Purevoice which ffmpeg doesn't know about
or understand. I haven't yet figured out how to get ffmpeg to extract
it as is so I feed it to the PureVoice to wav converter.

There is also a Python library wrapping ffmpeg named pymedia. I
haven't tried that yet, but I would assume it is preferable
to using the command line binaries.

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2004-11-23 18:34:56 UTC
Have not encountered any such problems with either the A650 or the A310.

-Joe Pham

Post by The Doctor
Time to go to bed for the night, but I think this release may not be
ready for prime time. FWIW, I had no similar problems using earlier
BitPim releases on same phone with same cable.
The BSOD is nothing to do with BitPim. The other issue is either
specific to your a620 or to all Samsung phones.

NetZero Platinum $9.95.
NetZero HiSpeed $14.95.
Sign up Today at http://www.netzero.net or
Visit Sam Goody, Suncoast or MediaPlay Stores.
Steven Palm
2004-11-24 00:45:54 UTC
sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
The Panther binary is uploaded as well. Off to see if I'm able to put
up a Jaguar build as well.

Steve
Steven Palm
2004-11-24 01:25:59 UTC
sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
Both JAGUAR and PANTHER builds should be online. Someone please test
the Jaguar build, preferably on a virgin Jaguar system that doesn't
have the wxWidgets libraries installed.

Thanks!

Steve
Vic Heintz
2004-11-24 04:19:40 UTC
Post by Steven Palm
Post by Roger Binns
sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
Both JAGUAR and PANTHER builds should be online. Someone please test
the Jaguar build, preferably on a virgin Jaguar system that doesn't
have the wxWidgets libraries installed.
Thanks for doing the Jaguar build! I have done a quick test on a system
sans wxPython and it seems to work as well as my development copy. I
haven't tested all the Send functions yet but Get functions worked
without errors.

Vic