[BitPim-devel] Python 2.4.1?
Joe Pham
2005-04-13 19:01:46 UTC
Just read an article in May DDJ about Python 2.4 Decorators. Pretty slick feature. btw, do we have any plan to move to 2.4.1?

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-04-14 02:53:25 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Just read an article in May DDJ about Python 2.4 Decorators.
Pretty slick feature.
The manual equivalents are used in a few places.
Post by Joe Pham
btw, do we have any plan to move to 2.4.1?
Nope. I was waiting for at least the first bug fix release.

The Python-dev guys also made a bad decision for 2.4 that affects
redistribution on Windows.

http://tinyurl.com/6typ2

2005-04-14 03:42:41 UTC
The Python-dev guys also made a bad decision for 2.4 that affects
redistribution on Windows.
I guess we'd wait for the dust to settle. But it doesn't sound like those developers are backing off from using MSVC7 for foreseeable future updates.