[Bitpim-devel] Fwd: [Bitpim-user] BP.07-10 VX6000 Images
Peter Dufault
2004-05-17 12:53:38 UTC
I've got some 120x160 pics on my computer that I wanted to put on my
phone.  BitPim keeps converting them to BMPs and resizing to 120x131.
I've even tried BMPs at 120x160 and they get resized also. Is it
possible to stop the conversion to BMP?  Why are the images being
resized?
Any reason not to change to 120x160, Roger? I maintain it that way
locally for the VX4500.

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns
2004-05-17 16:56:06 UTC
Post by Peter Dufault
Any reason not to change to 120x160, Roger? I maintain it that way
locally for the VX4500.
For which phone? THe phones are not the same as each other and what
works on one phone doesn't necessarily work on another.

Roger
Peter Dufault
2004-05-17 17:45:29 UTC
For which phone? THe phones are not the same as each other and what
works on one phone doesn't necessarily work on another.
At least for the 4500, which is what I have, as I said I've been using
it at 120x160 for a week or so. I notice that places offering
wallpaper downloads bundle the 6000 and the 4500 together with 120x160
downloads but I don't know that it works.

There is still the vx4500 wallpaper problem I mentioned before: when
moving through the pictures with the "left and right" arrow it will go
grey and shut down the phone when moving between two specific images,
while going directly to an image always works fine. I'll try to find
time to look at that this afternoon.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns
2004-05-17 20:54:28 UTC
Post by Peter Dufault
At least for the 4500, which is what I have, as I said I've been using
it at 120x160 for a week or so.
The size of the full screen is 120x160. The only time the whole screen
is used for an image is the startup and shutdown images. At all other
times there are information bars at the top and/or bottom of the screen.
If you use a 120x160 in those circumstances then it is clipped or shifted
by the phone.

You may want to make a zip file containing images at the various sizes
and put lines in every 10 pixels. We can then try them on the phones
to see how they get shifted/clipped.