[BitPim-devel] New wxPython version
Roger Binns
2005-03-02 07:37:50 UTC
I would like to move to the next wxPython version as soon as
it comes out. That will make us Unicode on all platforms
and also provide many bug fixes, especially grids that we
use heavily. (I had removed several of the workarounds,
and put half of them back which means some display badly).

Please try out the new test builds of wxWidgets so we can find
out before release if there are any issues. Start at

http://starship.python.net/crew/robind/wxPython/daily/

There is more info in the wxPython devel group. It is at
gmane as gmane.comp.python.wxpython.devel

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-02 17:14:37 UTC
Please try out the new test builds of wxWidgets so we can find out >before release if there are any issues.
Just tried out the 20050301 load on XP-SP2, and BitPim tried to come up in Calendar mode, but couldn't. Did not investigate any further.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-03-02 18:07:42 UTC
2005-03-03 08:38:54 UTC
The crash is caused by reference counting bugs for the wx.Filesystem
class. We use that for displaying images HTML widgets. IIRC this
was the showstopper for moving to 2.5.3 as well.

I've notified Robin about the issue.

Things may work if you remove all your wallpapers before starting
BitPim.

2005-03-02 18:08:58 UTC
[I wish I knew what the key is in OE that does an early send]
Post by d***@netzero.com
Just tried out the 20050301 load on XP-SP2, and BitPim tried to
come up in Calendar mode, but couldn't. Did not investigate any
further.
I'll have a look. We need to get to the bottom of this and other
issues ASAP so they can be fixed in wxPython if that is where the
problem is.

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-02 18:43:29 UTC
This is what I got, if it could help any.

-Joe Pham
Adit Panchal
2005-03-02 22:25:00 UTC
I just tried the 20050301 OS X Unicode build and it comes up with a
crash for both the phonebook and the calendar. Attached is an excerpt
of the crash report.

Adit

Date/Time: 2005-03-02 16:19:55 -0600
OS Version: 10.3.8 (Build 7U16)
Report Version: 2

Command: Python

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000054

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 org.python.Python.framework 0x95f81e74 PyType_IsSubtype + 0x18
1 org.python.Python.framework 0x95fc5188 PyModule_AddObject + 0x40
2 _core_.so 0x0208b130 init_core_ + 0x164
(_core_wrap.cpp:-18427)
3 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02c81584
wxImage::LoadFile(wxInputStream&, long, int) + 0x84
4 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02c7d164
_ZN7wxImageC4ER13wxInputStreamli + 0x38
5 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02d47f68
_ZN15wxHtmlImageCellC4EP8wxWindowP8wxFSFileiidiRK8wxString + 0x370
6 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02ee04ec 0x2b34000 + 0x3ac4ec
7 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02d38bd4
wxHtmlParser::AddTag(wxHtmlTag const&) + 0x11c
8 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02d38a90
wxHtmlParser::DoParsing(int, int) + 0x38c
9 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02d37fa4
wxHtmlParser::Parse(wxString const&) + 0x2c
10 libwx_macud-2.5.4.dylib 0x02d3dbb4
wxHtmlWindow::SetPage(wxString const&) + 0x3dc
11 _html.so 0x049f5dec _wrap_HtmlWindow_SetPage +
0x164 (wxPython.h:48)
Post by d***@netzero.com
This is what I got, if it could help any.
-Joe Pham
<error_msg.png>