[Bitpim-devel] 0.7.18 available
Roger Binns
2004-09-13 04:20:15 UTC
You can download it at the usual place:

http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233

Version history at:

http://www.bitpim.org/testhelp/versionhistory.htm

The main announcement will go out tomorrow assuming no issues are found.

Roger
Jim Smith
2004-09-13 05:11:23 UTC
There is still no hourglass when starting the import Outlook contacts
filtering process, but it does remember and load the filtering from the
previous import. This will speed things up a lot. :-)

I'm not sure what the purpose of the "Categories" button is in the import
filter window, the contents of the window it pops up is empty, so there is
nothing to select. Clicking on it's Help button and/or the Help button for
the import screen itself do nothing.

Jim
Roger Binns
2004-09-13 14:48:34 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
There is still no hourglass when starting the import Outlook contacts
filtering process,
You probably have to move the cursor or something. As you saw, the
code definitely sets the cursor.
Post by Jim Smith
I'm not sure what the purpose of the "Categories" button is in the
import filter window, the contents of the window it pops up is empty,
so there is nothing to select.
The list of categories is extracted from the current data set. If
you have no categories then it will come up empty. See attached
screenshot for what it normally looks like.

It will currrently get multiple categories in Outlook data wrong
since Outlook decides to use commas instead of the usual semi-colon
as a seperator. I'll fix that in .19.

Roger
Steven Palm
2004-09-13 18:25:20 UTC
http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=120233
Macintosh builds for JAGUAR and PANTHER are online as well.

Steve
Jim Smith
2004-09-14 00:53:26 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
There is still no hourglass when starting the import Outlook contacts
filtering process,
You probably have to move the cursor or something. As you saw, the
code definitely sets the cursor.
I've moved the cursor, switched to other applications and back, and still
only have the regular arrow cursor. It's not that big a deal and apparently
it's only happening to me, so forget about it. :-)
Roger Binns
2004-09-14 05:09:40 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
I've moved the cursor, switched to other applications and back, and
still only have the regular arrow cursor. It's not that big a deal
and apparently it's only happening to me, so forget about it. :-)
I think you are the only one with enough contacts for it to matter.
I only have 3 contacts in Outlook since I don't use it except for
testing BitPim.

Anyway, you know where the code is and you know what it is trying
to do. Feel free to work out the solution :-)

Roger
Vic Heintz
2004-09-14 14:11:03 UTC
There is something odd about this release.I just tried the Jaguar build
on my iBook. It tries to start up (bouncing icon on the dock) but
quietly quits before I get the splash screen. Yet it starts up fine on
my daughter's iMac as "0.7.18 official". Version 0.7.16 still starts up
fine on my iBook. One difference between the iBook and the iMac is that
I have installed Python on the iBook and have been running via command
line in a terminal window. That still works. The splash screen that
comes up in this case says "0.7.18 unofficial".

Any ideas?

Vic
Steven Palm
2004-09-14 17:08:24 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
There is something odd about this release.I just tried the Jaguar
build on my iBook. It tries to start up (bouncing icon on the dock)
but quietly quits before I get the splash screen. Yet it starts up
fine on my daughter's iMac as "0.7.18 official". Version 0.7.16 still
starts up fine on my iBook. One difference between the iBook and the
iMac is that I have installed Python on the iBook and have been
running via command line in a terminal window. That still works. The
splash screen that comes up in this case says "0.7.18 unofficial".
Most likely some issue with your locally installed wxPython and/or
wxWidgets libraries not being in-sync with the ones bundled in the
Application. The Application bundle is *supposed* to take priority
over the system installed versions, but that is not always the case.

You'll have to use the Console.app located in your Utilities Folder
(inside Applications Folder) to see what the error message is when
BitPim is launching and dying. If you pass that along, it may help in
"coaxing" the application bundle to do the right thing and use the
local copy supplied with it.

Unless you really need to have the development stuff, you might just
choose to blow away the wxWidgets and wxPython stuff you installed and
let the bundle use it's internal versions.

Steve
Vic Heintz
Steve
Steven Palm
2004-09-15 01:50:33 UTC
Post by Steven Palm
You'll have to use the Console.app located in your Utilities Folder
(inside Applications Folder) to see what the error message is when
BitPim is launching and dying. If you pass that along, it may help in
"coaxing" the application bundle to do the right thing and use the
local copy supplied with it.
No errors in the console log I asked you to check?

The crashlog was of no help as it mentions/references no library
paths/names to know what was loading. This may not be something I can
help with if no more details surface.
Jim Smith
2004-09-16 00:53:33 UTC
Sorry, I don't know enough about Python to fix this myself. I get the
following error when trying to run the CVS code:

D:\Projects\BitPim>\python23\python bp.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bp.py", line 75, in ?
import gui
File "D:\Projects\BitPim\gui.py", line 34, in ?
import phonebook
File "D:\Projects\BitPim\phonebook.py", line 1058
def makeone(self, list, default):
^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

Jim
Roger Binns
2004-09-16 04:48:29 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
Sorry, I don't know enough about Python to fix this myself. I get the
^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level
That was my mistake with some code rearranging I did yesterday. Stephen
has committed a fix. You can delete one space at the begining of the
line to fix it in your tree.