[BitPim-devel] Update to: Can provide assistance with Sanyo 7500
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-06-05 08:29:15 UTC
Just after I sent the message, I refreshed the dev page and saw Roger's post regarding the latest version. I uninstalled the older version, installed the new one, and gave it a try. The detect function found the phone, but it selected the "Sanyo USB Phone" entry instead of "Sanyo Serial Port". Once I manually set it, the phonebook was transferred and sorted properly. Transfer of calendar info seemed good. Given the amount of time it took me to create the dummy entries, I'm a little apprehensive about wiping the phonebook through the phone menu and attempting the transfer once again. I'll post a follow-up tomorrow evening.

Thanks again!!

//Rick
[Delphicoder]

-= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: -= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com>
Subject: Can provide assistance with Sanyo 7500
To: bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net

Hey guys!

First off, great job keeping Bitpim going! I've been following the project on and off for about a year and now have some time to lend to the project. I can help with getting BitPim to work with the Sanyo MM-7500, in so far as the writing the phonebook.

Once that part is complete, we could work on getting the calendar and the rest of the functions to work.

Has there been any progress with regards to this model?

I managed to get my phonebook onto the MM-7500 by selecting the MM-8300, but had to go about it in a rather time-consuming way to get it done.

I had to create a bunch of dummy entries manually on the phone (equal to the amount of phonebook entries needing to be transferred.) Once that was done, Bitpim would overwrite those entries with the phonebook loaded on the PC. While it worked, the sorting was completely off. This is despite the fact that prior to the transfer, I had exported the phonebook to CSV, sorted it using OpenOffice's Calc, re-imported it, and watched Bitpim write the phonebook in order.

Look forward to workin' with you guys....

//Rick
[Delphicoder]

http://mail.yahoo.com
David Melgar
2006-06-05 13:26:37 UTC
Hello,
Just so happens that I've been working with Bitpim folks (Stephen) to get
the MM-7500 working this week. As far as I know (and have tested),
- I have reported the problem with it picking the wrong port. It keeps
getting the modem port instead of the serial port.
- phonebook upload/download works. You don't have to create all the dummy
entries although I haven't tried it with an empty phonebook.
- Calendar/todo upload/download works
- SMS download works
- call history download almost works although its sometimes a character off.
So its currently disabled while diagnosis is going on. I've sent a log of
the download.
- wallpaper download works, but not upload. I don't think we have a clue on
this one.
- ringer upload doesn't work. At one point I had configured as a 8300, tried
to upload a ringer and the music store application was blown away. I had to
go to a Sprint store to try and fix it. They were able to do a hard reset
which fixed it, but lots all other information on the phone, even its phone
number. So ringer upload is currently disabled.
- I've sent in detailed protocol logs of using the Sprint backup program.
Hopefully this might give a clue how to access the filesystem and allow
generalized upload/download and listing of the file system if folks can make
sense of it.
Stephen Wood
2006-06-05 13:44:55 UTC
David's comments nicely sum up the current status. I would definitely
rewrite your phonebook using the 7500 support. It may not be perfect, but
is better than what you wrote using the 8300 support. This is because the
7500 allows 500 entries compared to the 300 for the 8300. So there are a
bunch of arrays that were sent to the phone wrong.

Testing of the current support in 9.02 would be appreciated. If you would
like to help with testing or development of new features, get BitPim running
from source. (See http://www.bitpim.org/developer.html for instructions on
how to do this.)

Stephen
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-06-08 06:35:32 UTC
Bitpm v0.9.02
Thanks for the quick response David.

I wanted to provide an update with regards to writing the phonebook to the MM-7500 without previous entries.

I went through the phone's menu and cleared the phonebook. I then proceeded to transfer the phonebook and the entries showed up without a problem.

I also tested out the calendar writing function, and the events showed up as expected. The only issue was the ringtone associated with the events (in this case, it pointed to the Sprint Music Store.) Perhaps it was due to the fact that the events were read from a Sanyo 8100 and then transferred to the MM-7500? I think a quick solution lies in finding the value for the default ringer and assigning it to the calendar entries prior to transferring them to the phone.

Thanks again to all the coder's involved!!

I'll continue testing a post a follow-up with any findings.

Later!

//Rick
[Delphicoder]

David Melgar <***@gmail.com> wrote: Hello,

On 6/5/06, -= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com> wrote: Just after I sent the message, I refreshed the dev page and saw Roger's post regarding the latest version. I uninstalled the older version, installed the new one, and gave it a try. The detect function found the phone, but it selected the "Sanyo USB Phone" entry instead of "Sanyo Serial Port". Once I manually set it, the phonebook was transferred and sorted properly. Transfer of calendar info seemed good. Given the amount of time it took me to create the dummy entries, I'm a little apprehensive about wiping the phonebook through the phone menu and attempting the transfer once again. I'll post a follow-up tomorrow evening.