[BitPim-devel] Calendar question
Stephen Wood
2006-01-02 15:04:21 UTC
I have been fixing some calendar problems with the Sprint Samsung code. I
lifted some code from Joe's Samsung code. I note that with this code, when
you write to the phone, only events that have not happened yet are written.
Is this the official BitPim behaviour or should all events, future and past,
be written to the phone?

Stephen
Simon C
2006-01-02 17:43:11 UTC
The LG code writes everything, old and new. Given that BP lets you import
old events from outlook, csv etc. I think that as long as the phone supports
it we should try to write everything in the BP calendar, more choice for the
user.

Simon

_____

Stephen
Roger Binns
2006-01-02 18:53:58 UTC
Post by Simon C
The LG code writes everything, old and new. Given that BP lets you import
old events from outlook, csv etc. I think that as long as the phone supports
it we should try to write everything in the BP calendar, more choice for the
user.
My opinion too. The only situation is what to do when there are too many
events. At that point the priority should be something like the next
6 month of new events, 1 month of old events, and then any left beyond 6
months.

2006-01-02 19:23:58 UTC
The LG code writes everything, old and new. Given that BP lets you >>import old events from outlook, csv etc. I think that as long as
the phone supports it we should try to write everything in the BP
calendar, more choice for the user.
My opinion too. The only situation is what to do when there are too
many events. At that point the priority should be something like
the next 6 month of new events, 1 month of old events, and then any
left beyond 6 months.
I also agree that's the way it should work. The Samsung code was an exception due to the fact that it can only handle 20 calendar events. Plus, I was younger and naive then :-)

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!