[BitPim-devel] (no subject)
Joe Pham
2005-11-30 05:23:00 UTC
New & improved contact editor, which allows retrieving the next/previous contact item. Comments & suggestions are welcome.

-Joe Pham
Simon C
2005-12-01 03:58:23 UTC
These look useful, much improved navigation.

How useful are the UP and DOWN buttons, with 4 arrows the screen looks a
little cluttered.

Simon
2005-12-01 15:46:33 UTC
The real problem are the up/down arrows. If someone is feeling
adventurous
it may be possible to put little up/down arrows on each field which will
then make it blindingly obvious what they are for.
What about a list control with a line per phone number. You could have an up
and down button. If you add or modify an entry it would bring up a dialog.

This is a picture of the directory setting dialog from visual studio 6 which
shows the idea of the buttons, similar to the user text in the sms tab.

Simon
Roger Binns
2005-12-01 16:55:24 UTC
Post by Simon C
What about a list control with a line per phone number. You could have an up
and down button. If you add or modify an entry it would bring up a dialog.
That would only work for trivial fields. Every single item on every tab is
a field and they all need the ability to be deleted, moved up or down, and
for a new field to be added.

I've attached what I think it should look like - beware my poor photoship
skills though :-)

Roger
Simon C
2005-12-01 17:09:03 UTC
That would only work for trivial fields. Every single item on every tab
is
a field and they all need the ability to be deleted, moved up or down, and
for a new field to be added.
I've attached what I think it should look like - beware my poor photoship
skills though :-)
I was thinking of a list control with multiple columns for the fields, but
what you have looks better as it will not crop the data visually or require
additional dialogs for editing.

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-12-01 23:17:12 UTC
What happens if you have made changes? Is the user prevented from
going next/previous and if so, is it obvious why?
Currently, users are not prevented to navigate forward or back. They'd have to manuall save all changes (Save button) prior to the move. The move would dicard all changes made that were not saved.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!
Roger Binns
2005-12-06 05:39:09 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Roger Binns
What happens if you have made changes? Is the user prevented from
going next/previous and if so, is it obvious why?
Currently, users are not prevented to navigate forward or back. They'd
have to manuall save all changes (Save button) prior to the move. The
move would dicard all changes made that were not saved.
IMHO that isn't a nice thing to do to users. I'd suggest disabling the
forward/back buttons if changes have been made, and re-enabling them
when save/revert is hit.

Roger

Simon C
2005-12-03 15:54:36 UTC
Joe,

I noticed that you added my sounds support for the 8100, the 5200 also uses
the same code, will it need to be modified? It looks like a new field was
added to the ringtonelocations.

SImon
Joe Pham
2005-12-03 19:26:46 UTC
Post by Simon C
I noticed that you added my sounds support for the 8100, the 5200
also uses the same code, will it need to be modified?
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for pointing that out. Yes, the 5200 code would need to be modified, but since I don't have the phone, it's going to be tricky.

Simon C
2005-12-04 03:54:37 UTC
Neither do I. Is it possible to just make changes to allow the existing code
to work?

Simon