[Bitpim-devel] Were did you get the protocol information
Jon S. Akhtar
2003-03-10 17:38:08 UTC
Roger,

Please let me know if I can help out.

Did you completely reverse engineer the serial protocol, or did you have
some documentation to work from?

-Jon
Roger Binns
2003-03-10 17:45:39 UTC
Post by Jon S. Akhtar
Please let me know if I can help out.
One thing that would be useful is if someone can figure out what on
earth is going on with the image index. In particular the phone
doesn't seem to delete images well. Bitpim 0.4 writes out the
indices in hashtable (random) order. My dev code sorts the order.
This didn't make any difference.

mapedit just uses consecutive numbers starting at 0. I try to
preserve the numbers since they can be referenced by phonebook
entries, so I can have missing numbers in the sequence.

It may just be that index numbers aren't index numbers, or that the
phone software is incomplete (won't be the first time).
Post by Jon S. Akhtar
Did you completely reverse engineer the serial protocol, or did you have
some documentation to work from?
I used a comm port sniffer and worked it out from there. I am not
aware of any documentation.