[Bitpim-devel] bitpim error
Mike Nilson
2003-10-18 19:11:31 UTC
I continusly get errors with bitpim. I am doing all this on a Compaq
laptop running XP Home. the most resent error is "LG-VX4400 - on com1:
the phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew."
this happens when i try to access my phone in anyway, through and of the
tabs, filestystems and all. I also run Bitpim on my mac and all that
works except for the filesystems, so if anyone is working on a bitpim
for the Mac not the jimmy-rigged version we all run, good luck to you on
that and i would want to know asap when it would be done.
Roger Binns
2003-10-18 20:02:19 UTC
Post by Mike Nilson
I continusly get errors with bitpim.
Can you please be more precise about what errors you get. The "phone
not responding" error happens if there is no response at all on the
com port you selected. If you look in the log or the protocol log,
you will see that BitPim makes a lot of effort to communicate with
the phone. As for the causes, it could the wrong port is selected,
the cable isn't plugged in, the phone isn't set to the correct mode,
or something else. BitPim has no idea, as the phone doesn't
respond!
Post by Mike Nilson
I also run Bitpim on my mac and all that
works except for the filesystems, so if anyone is working on a bitpim
for the Mac not the jimmy-rigged version we all run, good luck to you on
that and i would want to know asap when it would be done.
Instead of complaining, you could help improve the situation.

Roger
Mike Nilson
2003-10-19 04:24:41 UTC
Post by Mike Nilson
I continusly get errors with bitpim.
Can you please be more precise about what errors you get. The "phone
not responding" error happens if there is no response at all on the
com port you selected. If you look in the log or the protocol log,
you will see that BitPim makes a lot of effort to communicate with
the phone. As for the causes, it could the wrong port is selected,
the cable isn't plugged in, the phone isn't set to the correct mode,
or something else. BitPim has no idea, as the phone doesn't
respond!
I did have the error i am getting in the original message it is
Post by Roger Binns
Post by Mike Nilson
I also run Bitpim on my mac and all that
works except for the filesystems, so if anyone is working on a bitpim
for the Mac not the jimmy-rigged version we all run, good luck to you on
that and i would want to know asap when it would be done.
Instead of complaining, you could help improve the situation.
Roger
I wasnt complaing, i sorry you thought i was, i was just wondering if
anyone was working on a fully functional mac version. I would help but I
know nothing about programing, if you could let me know where i could go
to learn about it I would be happy to try and work on one.

Mike