[BitPim-devel] BitPim Mac OS Preferences
Vic Heintz
2006-04-05 13:49:36 UTC
I have been away from bitpim for quite some time. As a Mac OS Jaguar
user, I was stuck at version 0.7.26. I have recently made a hardware
upgrade and am now using the latest Tiger release of Mac OS X. So I
have just downloaded the latest BitPim release.

Was there a conscious decision to make the storage location of
bitpim's files a non-configurable option? Is there a need to keep
these files hidden from the user? In version 0.7.26 I had changed the
storage location from the very unix-like hidden directory ~/.bitpim-
files to the more Mac-like ~/Library/BitPim. Of course the new
version no longer sees my files in that location. Just wondered what
thought process went into the change.

I noted in Roger's announcement specific changes for "Samsung A620/
A740/A840." Is anyone providing ongoing support for my phone, the
Samsung A670?

Vic
Stephen Wood
2006-04-05 14:36:20 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
I noted in Roger's announcement specific changes for "Samsung A620/
A740/A840." Is anyone providing ongoing support for my phone, the
Samsung A670?
Vic:

Welcome back!

The code for the Sprint Samsungs is separate from the Verizon Samsungs, so
the noted changes don't affect the A670. Joe does the Verizon Samsungs,
but I doubt he has an A670 and he is also spending his time on many other
aspects of BitPim. So you are welcome to take on support for the A670.
Make sure that you look at the developer page as we are now maintaining the
source code in Subversion instead of CVS.

Stephen
Joe Pham
2006-04-05 22:11:17 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
Was there a conscious decision to make the storage location of
bitpim's files a non-configurable option?
Yes.
Post by Vic Heintz
Just wondered what thought process went into the change.
There was a thread discussing this topic not too long ago.
Post by Vic Heintz
Is anyone providing ongoing support for my phone, the Samsung A670?
AFAIK, there's been no bugs reported and no new features planned for this phone.

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!