[BitPim-devel] Screen saver format - application/x-pmd
Ed leNoir
2005-02-21 05:59:27 UTC
The LG PM-325 stores it's screen saver formats in the wallpaper index list. So, by default I'm pulling down the file as part of wallpaper handling. But the viewer can't handle the format. I'm going to hit the archives but I didn't see code (yet) in the other phones dropping some of these formats. There is a file called (nn).gcd in the same directory that contains text defining the image type, and it has a content type of "application/x-pmd".

- Ed
Roger Binns
2005-02-21 06:04:33 UTC
Post by Ed leNoir
But the viewer can't handle the format.
You'll want to read the archives from a few weeks ago, and then spend
some quality time with fileinfo.py

Roger
Todd Imboden
2005-02-21 06:35:13 UTC
Post by Ed leNoir
the viewer can't handle the format. I'm going to hit the archives but I
didn't see code (yet) in the other phones dropping some of these formats.
There is a file called (nn).gcd in the same directory that contains text
defining the image type, and it has a content type of "application/x-pmd".
as roger said you'll have some fun in the fileinfo.py... if you look
in there the pmd file is already in there under audio. The pmd is a
interesting file format in that it can contain midi's, wav's (but they
are converted to the qcp format) and of course jpg's and you can also
embed multiple jpgs for a animated image.... it's qualcomm's way of
not using animated gif's and mpegs I guess

the gcd file is a descriptor file like a .jad would be to a .jar
file... I don't know how many phones use it, obviously yours and my
phone which is the Samsung A620

Todd
Vic Heintz
2005-02-21 12:42:12 UTC
Post by Todd Imboden
the gcd file is a descriptor file like a .jad would be to a .jar
file... I don't know how many phones use it, obviously yours and my
phone which is the Samsung A620
You wouldn't happen to be using the Telus network would you? There has
been a lot of discussion on the Yahoo A670 group about the differences
between the Verizon and Telus versions of that Samsung phone. There is
mention of ".gcd" files there.

At least one of the Telus users is apparently working on the BitPim
code to make a version which will work with the Telus version of the
Samsung A670.

Vic
Todd Imboden
2005-02-21 15:41:56 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
Post by Todd Imboden
the gcd file is a descriptor file like a .jad would be to a .jar
file... I don't know how many phones use it, obviously yours and my
phone which is the Samsung A620
You wouldn't happen to be using the Telus network would you? There has
been a lot of discussion on the Yahoo A670 group about the differences
between the Verizon and Telus versions of that Samsung phone. There is
mention of ".gcd" files there.
At least one of the Telus users is apparently working on the BitPim
code to make a version which will work with the Telus version of the
Samsung A670.
Vic
I'm on the sprint network, from what I've read the A620 (the phone
spec site), the A620 is only used by sprint
Ed leNoir
2005-02-21 21:11:49 UTC
Post by Todd Imboden
Post by Vic Heintz
At least one of the Telus users is apparently working on the BitPim
code to make a version which will work with the Telus version of the
Samsung A670.
Vic
I'm on the sprint network, from what I've read the A620 (the phone
spec site), the A620 is only used by sprint
The pm325 is also only available on the Sprint network. The pmd in this
case does hold an animated sequence of frames.

I'm making friends with fileinfo.py right now <g>.

- Ed