[BitPim-devel] VX8800 developement request
John McPoyle
2008-01-03 01:57:44 UTC
Joe,

Yes, for the VX8800, 240x496 is the full screen dimension for wallpaper that
covers both main (240x320) and touch (240x176) displays at the same time.
Let me know if you need any more information. ;-)

Johnny

===============================
Message: 3
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:57:58 GMT
From: "Joe Pham" <***@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [BitPim-devel] VX8800 developement request
To: bitpim-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Would it be possible to change/add the default image sizing tool in
the GUI for the LG VX8800 (Venus) to create wallpaper in the size of
240x496 instead of the current 240x320?
Yes, is that the resolution for wallpaper or fullscreen images?

2008-01-03 04:12:55 UTC
Post by John McPoyle
Yes, for the VX8800, 240x496 is the full screen dimension for
wallpaper that covers both main (240x320) and touch (240x176)
displays at the same time.
BitPim can support up to 4 different wallpaper targets: wallpapers, fullscreen, pictureid, and outsidelcd. Do you know/guess the resolutions of any of those targets?

Click for free info on paralegal training and make up to $150K/ year.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijmTj4FbK7y87YuHqLueKbY03PdilmBIP9B0kW3bm9KJlb7Vq/
John McPoyle
2008-01-03 14:10:58 UTC
Joe,

I listed the resolutions in my previous email. The main LCD is 240w x
320h. I would list this as "fullscreen" dimension. The lower (touch) LCD
is 240w x 176h but since you are currently unable to assign any picture to
this to this LCD specifically in the phone's menu I would not worry about
listing it. "Wallpaper" target should be set to the dimension of 240w x
496h. Pictures of this dimension cover both screens (main & touch) instead
of just the upper (main) LCD when applied as wallpaper. Pictures with the
dimension of 240x320 only cover the main LCD when applied as wallpaper.
Having both dimensions available with the GUI's sizing tool would be great
but if only one were available the 240w x 496h dimension would be the best
choice. Thanks!

- John
Post by Joe Pham
Post by John McPoyle
Yes, for the VX8800, 240x496 is the full screen dimension for
wallpaper that covers both main (240x320) and touch (240x176)
displays at the same time.
BitPim can support up to 4 different wallpaper targets: wallpapers,
fullscreen, pictureid, and outsidelcd. Do you know/guess the resolutions of
any of those targets?
Click for free info on paralegal training and make up to $150K/ year.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijmTj4FbK7y87YuHqLueKbY03PdilmBIP9B0kW3bm9KJlb7Vq/
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:51:16 -0500
Subject: [BitPim-devel] added filter lists to call history
I wanted more powerful filtering for call history entries so added filter
lists for each column. This allows for combinational filtering on any
values present in the data. I prefer the vertical orientation of the
filters down the right side of the panel but also added a horizontal
option. I debated removing the folders incoming, outgoing, etc. in the
tree
as this sort of makes them obsolete, but instead I've simply made the
filter
lists honor the folder selection for now. I didn't want to mess with
virtual list controls for this initial test so performance on huge call
histories may suffer a little. Any feedback is welcome, especially
regarding OS's other than windows which I have not tested.
The diff of call_history.py looks a little funny so I also attached my
full
copy. I left the old callhistorylist implementation in tact for now, but
it
could be removed if the change is accepted.
-Robert
2008-01-04 03:53:03 UTC
I updated the presets as follows:

fullscreen: 240x320 jpeg
wallpaper: 240x496 jpeg
pictureid: 120x100 jpeg

Kaiser Permanente Individual/Family
Quality health care coverage with a choice of affordable plans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6ZRKIwWDdFJjezdJwKc4J8MFlRIBLMqKagzeCgMl6Qc6sgk/