[BitPim-devel] Anyone used BitFling recently
Stephen Wood
2005-02-05 04:43:39 UTC
Has anyone used the BitFling server on Windows recently.

When I run BitFling on a Windows XP (SP2) machine, I get a orchid
colored square in the system tray, but I can not do anything with it.
Clicking on the icon does nothing and I can only kill it with the task
manager.

Stephen
Adit Panchal
2005-02-05 05:14:25 UTC
I get the same thing (in fact, I tried it this afternoon for some odd
reason) on XP/SP2. I actually thought it was a bug on my system since I
hadn't configured BitFling before. The icon in the resources folder
still shows a paw though.

Adit
Stephen
Roger Binns
2005-02-05 06:13:29 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
When I run BitFling on a Windows XP (SP2) machine, I get a orchid
colored square in the system tray, but I can not do anything with it.
Clicking on the icon does nothing and I can only kill it with the task
manager.
It didn't get updated when we did the wxPython 2.5 migration.

Roger
Stephen Wood
2005-02-23 13:05:21 UTC
Roger:

I am starting to look at fixing BitFling. Some of the socket calls
were not working, perhaps because of the python2.2->2.3 migration. I
think I am at the point where I can authenticate, but I don't get a
session back. I am using the latest Paramiko (1.1), because I don't
remember what version was used when it all worked.

I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Stephen
Roger
Stephen Wood
2005-02-28 23:37:54 UTC
I am stuck trying to make BitFling work.

On the client side, __makeconnection seems to all work, but
t.open_channel returns None.

On the server side, in ConnectionThread.run, it gets to
chan=transport.accept(), but that never returns. I am guessing the
thread is getting killed.

Any suggestions what might be going on or on ways to debug crashing of threads?

I am using paramiko 1.1. The included demos work fine.

I notice in the demo_server.py:

server = Server()
t.start_server(event, server)

but in BitFling

transport.start_server(event)

Stephen
Stephen Wood
2005-03-03 06:42:29 UTC
I am making some progress. Hopefully more new tomorrow.

Stephen
Stephen Wood
2005-03-04 17:42:59 UTC
I have gotten BitFling to do the Test and a port scan. I have checked
in what I have done so far. What's there is filled with random
debugging print statements, and you have to use the username "saw".
I'll start cleaning that up tonight, but I would like if someone could
test out BitFling on Windows, as that is the most likely platform for
a BitFling server to be on. (I havn't had a chance to setup my
Windows development setup since a system rebuild, so I am only testing
with Linux.)

I have done these modifications using paramiko 1.2. Versions 1.0 and
1.1 may work also. Previously, BitFling required an early 0.9
version.

Stephen
Stephen Wood
2005-03-06 17:13:27 UTC
I believe I have BitFling fixed well enought so that I can use it to
talk to phones that I don't have that I am trying to develop for (i.e.
MM-7400).

Whenever the next build is made, could the builders please build it
with paramiko 1.2.

The windows BitFling server works again. The new TaskBarIcon class
(the changes which broke the button presses in the icon) supposedly
works for all platforms, but at the present is still only used for
Windows. I'll try it out under Linux at some point.

There is still some work to do for phones that use sendatcommand, but
BitFling only Samsung phones need that at this point.

Stephen
Roger Binns
2005-03-06 17:48:07 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Whenever the next build is made, could the builders please build it
with paramiko 1.2.
Edit the sanitycheck function in makedist.py to look for the correct
version.