[BitPim-devel] SCP-3100 phone detection help
Stephen Wood
2006-06-25 15:22:08 UTC
The Sanyo 3100 uses a straight through usb cable. Unlike earlier Sanyo
phones, two devices are presented, a serial and modem port. The phonebook
protocol goes through the serial port. In trying to get phone detection to
work for this phone, I havn't found anything I can send to the serial port
that identifies the phone. The file system is not availble (with known
protocols at least). So the only way I know to identify the phone at
present is through the modem port (with the usual AT commands.) Any
suggestions on how I can identify the phone with the modem device, but tell
BitPim to select the corresponding serial device.

Stephen
Simon C
2006-06-25 20:05:31 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
The Sanyo 3100 uses a straight through usb cable. Unlike
earlier Sanyo phones, two devices are presented, a serial and
modem port. The phonebook protocol goes through the serial
port. In trying to get phone detection to work for this
phone, I havn't found anything I can send to the serial port
that identifies the phone. The file system is not availble
(with known protocols at least). So the only way I know to
identify the phone at present is through the modem port (with
the usual AT commands.) Any suggestions on how I can
identify the phone with the modem device, but tell BitPim to
select the corresponding serial device.
The LG phones are the same with two ports. The serial port is ignored.
Have a look at the detection code in the com_lgvx4400.py to see how it
works.
The serial port is recognised by testing for brew, the filesystem is read to
find the "version.txt" this contains the model name (varies from phone to
phone). There is also a phonebook connector query that returns the model
number in a reply as some phones do not seem to have a version.txt, on one
altel phone the version was buried in another file in the filesystem.

Simon
Stephen Wood
2006-06-25 20:34:18 UTC
Post by Simon C
The serial port is recognised by testing for brew, the filesystem is read to
find the "version.txt" this contains the model name (varies from phone to
phone). There is also a phonebook connector query that returns the model
number in a reply as some phones do not seem to have a version.txt, on one
altel phone the version was buried in another file in the filesystem.
The filesystem is not available, and the firmware and 0c packets don't
return sufficient information to identify the model.