[Bitpim-devel] 0.7-test4 build
Roger Binns
2004-02-15 11:48:29 UTC
Everything is in place to do the build. Please do it when you are
ready Steven.

BTW I also didn't see an answer from you about the print preview
window.

Roger
George Grippo
2004-02-15 18:00:36 UTC
Roger,

Have been testing for a couple of hours and will give you details later but
wanted to let you know that the phone book is reading and writing ok

There are a couple of things

You cant add only replace. Is this by design?

Standard ringtones are not from this phone (i.e. Bubble = Hallelujah). The
4500 has the following standard ringers in this order

Annen Polka
Pachelbel Cannon
Halleluja
La Traviata
Leichte Kavallerie Overture
Mozart
Bach Minuet
Farewell
Mozart Piano Sonata
Sting
O solomeio
Pizzcato Polka
Stars and Stripes Forever
Pineapple Rag
When the Saints go Marching In
Latin
Carol 1
Carol 2

Then it lists your custom ringtones

Chimes high
Chimes low
Ding
Tada
Notify
Drum
Claps
FanFare
Chord high
Chord low
Ring 1
Ring 2
Ring 3
Ring 4
Ring 5
Ring 6
Ring 7
Ring 8

Everything is in place to do the build. Please do it when you are ready
Steven.

BTW I also didn't see an answer from you about the print preview window.

Build and deploy apps & Web services for Linux with a free DVD software kit
from IBM. Click Now!
George Grippo
2004-02-15 19:45:11 UTC
Roger,

Here are the phone to Bitpim comparisons for the ringtones

VX4550 Bitpim

Annen Polka = Beethoven Symphony
No. 9
Pachelbel Cannon = Paganini
Halleluja = Bubble
La Traviata = Fugue
Leichte Kavallerie Overture = Polka
Mozart = Mozart Symphoney No. 40
Bach Minuet = Cuckoo Waltz
Farewell = Rodetzky
Mozart Piano Sonata = Funicula
Sting = Halleluja
O solomeio = Trumpet
Pizzcato Polka = Trepak
Stars and Stripes Forever = Prelude
Pineapple Rag = Mozart Aria
When the Saints go Marching In = William Tell Overture
Latin = Spring
Carol 1 = Slavonic
Carol 2 = Fantasy

Then it lists my custom ringtones

Chimes high = Not Listed
Chimes low = Not Listed
Ding = Not Listed
Tada = Not Listed
Notify = Not listed
Drum = Not Listed
Claps = Not Listed
FanFare = Not Listed
Chord high = Not Listed
Chord low = Not Listed
Ring 1 = Ring 1
Ring 2 = Ring 2
Ring 3 = Ring 3
Ring 4 = Ring 4
Ring 5 = Ring 5
Ring 6 = Ring 6
Ring 7 = Annen Polka
Ring 8 = Leichte Kavallerie Overture

2004-02-16 05:39:07 UTC
Post by George Grippo
Here are the phone to Bitpim comparisons for the ringtones
I actually just need the names in order. There isn't any correspondence
with names for other LG phones. This is needed because the phone stores
a number in the phonebook to represent the ringtone. The usual method
is that 0 means default, 1 through however is the builtin ones, 50 - 80
are downloaded ringtones etc. The list of builtins can only be found
by writing them down when you go to select a ringtone.

I also find it strange that it lists some builtins, then your custom ones
then more builtins. That doesn't sound right.

Do you have a webcam? If so, get on Yahoo Messenger and let me know.
It will be a lot easier if I can see what you see.

Roger
George Grippo
2004-02-15 20:17:00 UTC
Roger,

I have tested all the phone book functions and everything is working except
for

Speed dials are not reading or writing to or from phone
Message ringtones are not writing or reading as well

Have tested everything else including import and all is working

George

2004-02-16 05:06:47 UTC
Post by George Grippo
Roger,
I have tested all the phone book functions and everything is working
I thought you said in an earlier message that you could only change
entries, not add.
Post by George Grippo
Speed dials are not reading or writing to or from phone
They don't work for any LG phones. The speed dial file is
somewhat more obfuscated than the 30 minutes I spent trying to
decipher it yielded.
Post by George Grippo
Message ringtones are not writing or reading as well
You will need to figure out the fields. To do so requires using the
protocol viewer, and editting the p_lgvx4500.p file I mentioned in
an earlier message. Generally you change one item in the record
and see which byte(s) have changed.

Roger
greg cunningham

Everything is in place to do the build. Please do
it when you are ready
Steven.
BTW I also didn't see an answer from you about the
print preview window.
Now.
a free DVD software kit
from IBM. Click Now!
Post by George Grippo
Now.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
George Grippo
2004-02-16 01:03:16 UTC
Sorry was away for awhile. Anything I can help with?

George Grippo
2004-02-16 17:37:37 UTC
Roger,

I'm trying to find were the phone is storing message objects. The phone has
small pics (130 images), large pics (33 images, animations (15) and
sounds/ringtones. In fact the ringtones listed in message objects are the
ones that were not listed in the comparison (i.e. Chimes high...). There
are menu choices for saving My Pictures, My Melodies and My Animations. I
have been using Picture this to see were the phone stores images and it says
you can store them locally on the phone but they don't show up. If you try
to edit a contact and change the default image for the phone record it lists
the wallpapers and you can select the other standard images. If you select
the wallpaper the screen is blank. The other images do work. Sorry this is
a bit cryptic but I thought you might have some thoughts

George