[BitPim-devel] Compiling / Running
Ken Schnell
2007-11-18 06:49:17 UTC
I am trying to run the BitPim source using windows XP SrvPk2 PRO - I have
tried both the compile and the run and this is what happens

Doing This:
Python c:\bitpim\src\bp.py

I GET the following:

If Bitpim is already running:
I get an error that says there is already another version of
bitpim accessing the configuration file. (which means it is doing something)

if Bitpim is not running (which is the way one would expect to run it.)
I get NOTHING happens NADA , ZIP - I look in the the task manager to
see if there is a glimmer of BitPim but NOPE NADA, I wait - and I wait in
hopes that Bitpim will be there but I think st nick will come sooner...

When I try to compile (I am new to python so I am not sure I am doing that
correctly)
I tried to do python setup.py build --compile=mingw32

but NADA, NOTHING ZILCH..

Can anyone give me a clue, or a brain fixer...so I can do this ...
Ken Schnell
2007-11-18 13:50:01 UTC
I managed to get it to run - with ONE problem - the NEWEST Phone Files I
created are not compiling on bp.py and therefore do not show up in the drop
down list of selectable phones - AT LEAST that is my guess - since I have No
compiled versions of the p_sanyo8500.p or com_sanyo8500.py

Do I need to compile the program or should python bp.py do the whole trick
?? What am I missing ?

Kyle Farnung

Ken Schnell
2007-11-18 14:28:21 UTC
OK I managed to Get this done and get the Phone to show up in the
selection (it was detected automatically)

But now I have no access to the file system and also I get an error when I
try to get Phone Info..

I think it is this (If so any ideas on how to fix that or what files I
need to look at to fix it..) ??
responseclass = <class 'phones.p_sanyo.esnresponse'>
callsetmode = True
returnerror = False
request = <phones.p_sanyo.esnrequest object at 0x027E94F0>
self = <phones.com_sanyo8500.Phone object at 0x0299E030>

===================================

Stephen Wood
2007-11-18 14:51:10 UTC
OK I managed to Get this done and get the Phone to show up in the selection
(it was detected automatically)
But now I have no access to the file system and also I get an error when I
try to get Phone Info..
The file system is generally not accessible on recent Sanyo phones.
I think it is this (If so any ideas on how to fix that or what files I need
to look at to fix it..) ??
This is where the fun begins. Look at the protocol log and try to
understand responses from the phone.

Stephen