[BitPim-devel] developer how to?
Allen Hancock
2007-01-23 01:36:29 UTC
so, I am trying to get bitpim to run from source on an intel mac.
Note that you must use version 2.6.3.2 and you must use the Unicode
version.
and yet I dont' see that version for os x... can I use the 2.5
version from here:
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-osx-
unicode-2.8.1.1-universal10.4-py2.5.dmg>
On Linux and Mac you should build the USB module if you use an LG
phone with a straight USB cable
so, if I am using a sanyo phone, I can skip this? sorry if I am being
dense...

thanks for any help, I do plan on documenting my steps so other tiger
users can repeat it....

-Allen Hancock
Stephen Wood
2007-01-23 02:55:22 UTC
Post by Allen Hancock
so, I am trying to get bitpim to run from source on an intel mac.
Note that you must use version 2.6.3.2 and you must use the Unicode
version.
I am not too sure about Macs. Check
http://www.wxpython.org/download-2.6.3.3.php to see if it has what you
need. I use python 2.4 on linux. Maybe later versions of Python are OK
too. We just have to do our builds with Python 2.3.
Post by Allen Hancock
On Linux and Mac you should build the USB module if you use an LG
phone with a straight USB cable
On Linux, the USB module is needed for the Sanyo 2400 and 3100. I suspect
you will need it for those phones on Macs too. I'll update the developer
notes to indicate that.

Stephen