[BitPim-devel] Linux encoding problem
Roger Binns
2006-06-15 05:44:50 UTC
I have some ideas as to what the cause is in the packaging
process. How can I reproduce the problem without having
the applicable phones?

Roger
Simon C
2006-06-15 05:56:36 UTC
I have some ideas as to what the cause is in the packaging
process. How can I reproduce the problem without having the
applicable phones?
You should be able to use the 4400, I changed it to use iso-8859-1 for the
phonebook a few weeks ago.

Simon
Roger Binns
2006-06-20 05:15:20 UTC
I have some ideas as to what the cause is in the packaging
process. How can I reproduce the problem without having
the applicable phones?
The cause is that cxFreeze doesn't pick up encodings.aliases.
The encoding is iso8859_1 *not* iso-8859-1 as we have in the
code. But the encodings.aliases file defines the latter as
an alias for the former. I couldn't get cxFreeze to
make the aliases effective. Changing the encoding does fix
the problem, but we need a better solution as this can happen
again when other encodings and their aliases are used.