[BitPim-devel] picture upload to A620 doesn't work
The Doctor
2006-05-09 06:11:28 UTC
Hi

I'm using 0.8.13 and I've had problems gettings Send->Wallpaper to work. I
can Send->Ringtones and Send->Phonebook. Another thing I've noticed in
newer releases is that BitPim seems to want to reboot the phone a fair
amount.

Back to the Wallpaper issue: I try to upload a few dozen pictures since I
just replaced a phone that was broken. It I watch the log I see one picture
written, then I see it "reset" the phone. Later after the phone is
rebooted, there are still no pictures on the phone.

Thanks is advance.
Stephen Wood
2006-05-09 13:28:59 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Hi
I'm using 0.8.13 and I've had problems gettings Send->Wallpaper to work.
I can Send->Ringtones and Send->Phonebook. Another thing I've noticed in
newer releases is that BitPim seems to want to reboot the phone a fair
amount.
BitPim only reboots the A620 after it has written ringers or wallpapers to
the phone. Because only more recent releases support writing media to the
phone, newer release are going to reboot the phone more!

Post by The Doctor
just replaced a phone that was broken. It I watch the log I see one picture
written, then I see it "reset" the phone. Later after the phone is
rebooted, there are still no pictures on the phone.
There could be a few things happening here, depending on where the pictures
you are trying to upload came from and how they got into BitPim.

1. BitPim does not try to write files that came from a phones camera to the
phone.

2. Phones are generally picky about the dimensions and image type of
wallpaper that they can receive. BitPim tries to convert pictures to a form
acceptable to the phone. This conversion may not be perfect for this
phone. (I know because I wrote the A620 support and I tend not to devote as
much attention to media uploads as to phonebook support.) Also, this
conversion only happens when you import a picture into BitPim. If you had
read images from a different phone (especially a different model), they
won't have gone through this conversion.

You can try exporting all your images from BitPim, and then re-importing
them. Make sure that BitPim is set to the A620 while you do the importing.
If you still have problems, you can send me some files and I'll see what I
can do.

Thanks is advance.
Stephen