[Bitpim-devel] Audiovox CDM 8900 PIX Downloading/Uploading / VZW Banner Patch
Nathaniel Newman
2004-06-06 06:52:15 UTC

I tried to upload a pix with bitpim 0.7 test-7 ( that was NOT originally taken with the phone ) i.e PC wallpaper using the Filesystem ( /camera/photos ) then right clicked on the photo dir and chose "New File"
then chose my file then sent it to the phone then rebooted the phone ! After that the phone WOULD NOT BOOT FULLY UP just show "Verizon Wireless" on the inner display , and kept rebooting itself!
I had to get a replacement phone then FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT I COULD ONLY UPLOAD PIX THAT I HAD TAKEN WITH THE PHONE ITSELF, NOT WALLPAPER ! Anyway I wondered if Just Downloading/Uploading ONLY pix taken with the phone IT would NOT CRASH , Can I continue doing this!

N.N

P.S.
I also found a patch to fully remove the "Verizon Wireless" logo on the inner and outer display using the "
Bitpim Filesystem ( /nvm/eri ERI_Binary.bin file with the patch now it does not show )
CAN this harm ANY internal phone/software systems by removing this logo!

If ok, the link to removing this banner is : http:\\www.smithplanet.com\8600
Nathaniel Newman
2004-06-06 06:59:16 UTC
SORRY the correct URL is : http://www.smithplanet.com/8600/
for the VZW Banner Patch!

Roger Binns
2004-06-06 07:16:01 UTC
As you discovered, the CDM8900 can be trivially locked up.

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/testhelp/phone-audiovoxcdm8900.htm

Roger
Nathaniel Newman

Roger Binns
2004-06-06 19:36:21 UTC
Post by Nathaniel Newman
CAN this harm ANY internal phone/software systems by removing this logo!
I am surprised the CDM8900 even functions under normal usage since it is
so trivial to permanently crash it. It still boggles my mind how they
could have written firmware so flaky. (I can just about understand crashing,
I really don't understand the phone being unable to boot.)

Anyway, you posted this message several times already and I refer you to
the previous answer:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.devel/335